Job Code: #14173
Title: Application Security Engineer – 3310
Job Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Application Security Engineer
Our client has an immediate opening for a Application Security Engineer in Phoenix, AZ .
Application Security Engineer
Performs ongoing security vulnerability assessments and application pen tests, including identifying, assessing, and driving remediation of application vulnerabilities. Develops security improvements for the company’s websites and backend applications and serve as a SME on website and application-related projects. Researches and recommends emerging security technologies/tools to address current and future threats and creates and maintains documentation as it relates to security designs/configuration, processes, and requirements. Participate in security incident response processes. Mentors development teams on use of secure coding practices and evangelize secure software development practices and processes throughout the SDLC.
- Participate in the building, automation, and operation automated security review capabilities across multiple technology stacks and languages throughout the SDLC
- Coordinate security code reviews, application vulnerability testing, and penetration testing, and train engineering team on best practices in application security throughout the SDLC.
- Drive assessment of applications to identify and prioritize risks, driving prioritization and remediation across application development teams.
- Be an expert on vulnerabilities and attack vectors that have the potential to impact to client’s systems
- Proactively identify and implement products and tools to ensure security of our applications, collaborating with all areas of IT to harden our environment
- Deep .NET and Java knowledge, certified developer or expert-level knowledge with .NET and Java and related technologies with security tools.
- Expert knowledge application security technologies and authentication protocols.
- Excellent communication skills to document and explain security vulnerabilities and technical risks to a technical audience and business audience.
- Intermediate skill in use of office equipment, including copiers, fax machines, scanner and telephones
- Detailed technical knowledge of techniques, standards and state-of-the art capabilities for authentication and authorization, applied cryptography, security vulnerabilities and remediation
- Strong experience in System Architecture, Design, Development and integration and deployment of multi-tier mission critical application systems
- Knowledge and demonstrated experience designing multi-tier, highly available, multi-threaded, and scalable architectures
- Demonstrated application of architectures and designs that employ design patterns
- Highly developed oral and written communication skills as well as presentation skills. Interest in all aspects of application security research and development
- Familiarity with fundamentals of software configuration management, automated build processes, and source code control systems.
- Strong database background and experience with Oracle or MS SQL Server.
- Experience in developing, deploying REST API or SOAP based Web Services for application integration services.
- Experience with PKI, Hardware Cryptographic Modules
- Expert technical skills related to analysis and design techniques for batch, real-time, and online systems
- Advanced knowledge and experience with application technologies implemented within delivery organization
- Advanced skill in computer system validation including SOP development, implementation and adherence
- Advanced Knowledge of hardware, software, telecommunications, operating systems, and applications. .
- Experience working with high volume, transactional, large capacity systems in a 24×7 environment.
- Experience and knowledge of Agile practices.
For immediate consideration please send your resume to: email@example.com
If you’re interested in and a strong fit for the above opportunity please provide your answers to the following questions:
1) Are you local (AZ)?
2) Are you currently working?
3) What is your availability to interview? How soon could you start if you were offered this position?
4) Are you a US Citizen? What is your citizenship status?
5) Do you have any upcoming vacations?
6) What are your annual salary requirements? What are your hourly wage requirements?
7) Are you seeking a contract, contract to hire, direct hire or are you open to all?
8) Phone number to reach you quickly for interview scheduling?
9) Are you currently interviewing? Do you have any other offers?
US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. You must pass a background check and drug screen.
We look forward to working with you!
Your PDS Team
Productive Data Solutions, Inc.