Job Code: #14968
Title: BI Engineer
Job Location: ,
PDS has an immediate need for a Sr. Data Warehouse Engineer.
The Business Intelligence team of our client works with multiple departments to take their data and transform it into information that will allow them to make better decisions. They work with,global departments in enhancing the organization.
The data warehouse engineer is responsible for gathering requirements, design, creation and support of the data warehouse. Engineers have the opportunity help the departments withon the client's organization of the Church have the information they need to move the Lord’s work forward.
- Gather and document requirement for the data warehouse.
- Design dimensional Star Schema data models to support front-end BI tools including ad-hoc reporting.
- Create and support ETL jobs pulling data from various source systems and loading into the data warehouse.
- Design and create a semantic layer to support end-user self-service.
- Create reports using various reporting tools such as SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and BusinessObjects Web Intelligence.
- Create dashboards using various tools such as Microsoft Power BI and Tableau.
- Quickly and accurately respond to Ad-Hoc information requests.
- Analyze data and trends and create reports that highlight areas in need of performance improvement.
- Work with all levels of end users, including executive staff.
- Interact with customers as a technical resource to troubleshoot problems with the delivered BI solutions.
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field
- Must be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, currently temple worthy
- Typically 7-9 years of data warehouse experience
- Expert SQL skills
- Proficiency with ETL tools & methodologies
- Proficiency with dimensional data modeling
- Extensive professional experience in data analysis and report design/development
- Experience in presentation/interface creation
- Ability to quickly learn new tools and technology
- Strong problem solving, analytical and diagnostic skills
- Ability to interact well in a team environment
- Excellent documentation and communication skills