Job Code: #10731
Title: Big Data Engineer
Job Location: Lehi, Utah
Who We Are and What We Are Looking For…
PDS is looking for a Big Data Engineer to work with one of the most exciting and growing companies in the Thanksgiving Point area. Our client is building a Big Data Platform to bring real time and batch analytics to the small business marketplace. This position will work closely with our Data Science group to model data and implement Machine Learning algorithms that will help to our customers to make better more informed decisions. This is a very exciting opportunity to explore new technologies and build the future of data at our client from the ground up.
Your Big Three Ways You’ll Help Small Businesses Succeed:
- Build a big data platform
- Work closely with Data Scientists to implement Machine Learning algorithms
- Explore new Big Data Technologies
What Will Our Big Data Engineer Look Like?
Who you are:
- Innovative: Love to explore new ideas and dive deeply into the ways that technology can be used to solve problems
- Self motivated and driven to build the technology
- Deeply passionate about the technologies and the potential that they represent
Who you are not:
- Looking to work in a highly structured environment where the solutions are clearly defined
- Hesitant to learn / explore new technologies
- Work closely with data scientist to understand the questions that are being asked and how to answer them
- Build highly available, scalable and fault tolerant systems
- Explore new technologies and how they might enhance our Big Data Platform
- Experience building and maintaining Big Data
- Strong Java
Ideally, You Will Possess…
- Experience with Spark over Cassandra and Hadoop
- Scala / Python
- Familiarity with Machine Learning
Challenges You Can Help Us Face (with optimism)
- How do we provide useful business insights to help small business succeed?
- How do we establish ourselves as a contributor / respected participant in the Big Data Community?
- How do we ensure stability and fault tolerance as we continue to scale?