Job Code: #15470
Title: Business Intelligence Developer
Job Location: Scottsdale , Arizona
Business Intelligence Developer
Our client has an immediate opening for a Business Intelligence Developer in the Scottsdale, AZ area.
Business Intelligence Developer
The Business Intelligence Developer is responsible for the management and dissemination of accurate and actionable information across the organization. Business Intelligence Developers work in a close collaborative environment with other IT associates to develop and implement enterprise level reporting and analytical tools for consumers of information. Successful candidates will appropriately organize, develop, and implement a myriad of analytical processes and tools to tackle complex reporting challenges while driving our Business in a continually forward thinking environment.
- Have a deep understanding of Microsoft BI Platform tools and how to apply them to end user solutions
- Strong knowledge of industry reporting and analytical trends to improve service to the enterprise and our associates
- Demonstrate proficiency using a variety of data sources including SQL Data Warehouse, iSeries DB2 transactional data, SQL relational databases and Analysis Services cube.
- Strong Knowledge of TSQL querying techniques
- Interact with Customers, Vendors and Associates to develop "on demand" or "ad hoc" reports using tools like Excel or SQL Server Reporting Services.
- Ability to take lead on different projects in a fast pace environment while supporting existing deployed tools and processes.
- Good prioritization and organizational skills
- Analyze, design, build, test, document and implement SSAS cubes using complex MDX calculations
- Willing to review your own strengths and opportunities as they relate to your competencies, and work with your manager to choose an area of developmental focus on an annual basis
- Have strong database SQL 2012/2017 programming skills including the ability to write complex queries, stored procedure, and functions
- Experience with building dashboards and reports in Power BI
- OLTP and OLAP Concepts
- 2+ years working with and developing SSAS cubes
- Data Warehouse Architecture and Data Warehousing Principals
- Query Tuning and Basic indexing strategies
- Understanding of SSIS Packages, Scripting and Scheduling for Data movement between different systems/servers/applications
- Develop SSRS Reports against DB2, SQL Server, and Analysis Server data sources using either Visual Studio/SQL Data Tools. Report familiarity with both tabular and graphic representations with a strong understanding of Grouping and Filtering within the report.
- Visual Studio 2012/2015
- Team Foundation Server (source control)
- Demonstrate strong customer service skills
- Demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills required to present information to a broad audience of users spanning Executives to Power Users
- Prepare, read, comprehend and analyze a variety of complex forms, reports, spreadsheets, maps, plans, records, dbases, cubes, documentation and correspondence
- Apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- Apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagrammatic form
- Use/interpret job related terminology, mathematical formulas and functions effectively and efficiently
- Perform under stress, deal with persons acting under stress and adapt when confronted with emergency requests and situations
- Successfully perform the planning, directing, reporting and administrative responsibilities of this position
Other Desired Skills
- Ability to effectively audit data to validate reporting and information being delivered to Customers, Vendors and Associates.
- Ability to establish effective professional business relationships with all levels of users.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- 2+ Years of working in a Supply Chain environment with an understanding of business processes and customer/vendor relationships.
For immediate consideration please send your resume to: email@example.com
If you’re interested in and a strong fit for the above opportunity please provide your answers to the following questions:
1) Are you local (AZ)?
2) Are you currently working?
3) What is your availability to interview? How soon could you start if you were offered this position?
4) Are you a US Citizen? What is your citizenship status?
5) Do you have any upcoming vacations?
6) What are your annual salary requirements? What are your hourly wage requirements?
7) Are you seeking a contract, contract to hire, direct hire or are you open to all?
8) Phone number to reach you quickly for interview scheduling?
9) Are you currently interviewing? Do you have any other offers?
US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time. You must pass a background check and drug screen.
We look forward to working with you!
Your PDS Team
Productive Data Solutions, Inc.