Job Code: #12747
Title: DB Architect
Job Location: Allen, Texas
SUMMARY Assist in Design, Support (Tier 3/Back Office Support), Performance and Implementation/Delivery of Database / Data Warehouse platforms across multiple products in our CPS Software Engineering – Platform and Data Services (PaDS) division. Participates in all phases of the development cycle: concept, initiation, technical design, prototype/POC/tech evaluation, development, testing, release, and implementation.
- Minimum 8 years DB administration with Microsoft SQL Server
- 8 years data security (understanding PCI 3.x, PCIDSS audit/compliance requirements)
- 6 years hands-on understanding enterprise systems, infrastructure, software design and development, database design, development and administration, and system integration experience
- 6 years hands-on ETL experience (Syncsort DMX preferred, but enterprise class ETL such as Ab Initio a plus)
- 2-3 years Data Architecture/Design
- 2-3 years Reporting/Analytics
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Experience with Syncsort DMX Product.
- Solid understanding of contrast between ESB based technologies.
- Experience with Microsoft SharePoint, and Team Foundation Server (TFS).
- Data visualization experience.
- 8+ years hands-on experience with enterprise class Database architecture, focused on transactional environments w/focus around SQL 2012/2014 (SQL 2016 experience a plus); including redundancy modeling (Disaster Avoidance/Recovery), cross data center high availability, always on, horizontal and vertical scalability, and various forms of data movement (log shipping, replication modeling, Always On, etc.)
- 6+ years hands-on understanding enterprise systems, infrastructure, software design and development, database design and development, and system integration experience
- 2+ years specifically at database architect level (SQL) within large growth company environment.
- 2+ years’ experience in Dimensional Data Modeling and Database Schema design.
- Helpful to understand Software development methodologies around Microsoft Stack: Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), WCF, ESB technologies (MS Azure/ESB, Neuron ESB, etc.) vs. Caching/Indexing Technologies, and Microsoft App Fabric.
- Solid understanding of Banking/EFT/Financial Institution domain and based technologies; along with data layer experience w/ ISO8583 in a cutting edge enterprise. (but really helpful…)
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Test Driven Development techniques.
- Encryption based development via Host Security Modules (HSM) and adherence to PCI compliance and requirements.
- Focused on innovation and cutting edge technologies within a five nines environment (99.999% uptime).
- Experience working collaboratively with Stakeholders, Business Analysts, Project Managers, Designers and DBAs with the common goal of delivering value to the business.
- Working with solution and system architects (peers) to deliver enterprise class database tier solution and/or integration into custom product development.
- Completes product technical design and prototyping, database design/development, support and problem remediation.
- Guide technology directions by recommending specific technologies to pursue around specifically Database tier, suggesting training and staff development activities.
- Understands Enterprise-class Database products, architecture and lifecycle around those products to support highly transactional environments and data driven methodologies: Think technologies such as Microsoft SQL (Primary stack), DB2/Oracle (ancillary experience a plus), Service Bus, Data Management, Big Data, Data Warehousing, Mainframes (Z Series) and Hosted Environments, etc.
- Understand database design patterns and enterprise design/development for both packaged and custom solutions.
- Developing and Testing Microsoft Windows based database systems (Windows 2008/2012 Server, SQL Server 2012 and 2014).
- Experience around performance analysis at the database tier and how to maximize performance in a highly transactional environment in the payments industry (cards, core banking, ATM, etc.)
- Provides both individual, team, and budget-level tasks and product effort estimates/costs and overall LOE.
- Document technical designs, using flow charts, class diagrams, sequence diagrams, activity diagrams, data flow diagrams, database schemas, descriptive software component documentation, wireframes
- Creates required technical documentation, use cases, white papers, system and deployment architecture, and technical process/procedure documents for the group.
- Assess the risk, problem/problem resolution and impact of changes to complex solutions and the effect of hardware infrastructure change on a solution or technology.
- Reviews, coordinates, analyses and defines requirements for new development/enhancements to and maintains existing systems including new product development, customizations and enhancements