Job Code: #12397
Title: DevOps Engineer
Job Location: Tempe, Arizona
DevOps Engineer Job Description:
Looking for a SE with a strong focus on delivering high levels of infrastructure services to internal development teams. Directly aligning with dev/devops teams, the candidate’s strong background in infrastructure operations will help to design, implement, and maintain software build engineering processes, product testing and staging environments, on a global Linux/Windows based production infrastructure
Experience with the end to end lifecycle of monitoring, configuration, and automation tools such as Satellite, Ansible, Puppet, Microsoft System Center Operations Manager (SCOM) and the Systems Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) in a medium to large computing environment is a requirement. It is more important to be a master of the methodologies, protocols, and architecture (with the ability to implement) of deployment, monitoring, and alerting than the specific toolset. This position requires senior level System Administration skills to ensure infrastructure is deployed, maintained and configured quickly and efficiently while still adhering to our core infrastructure standards. As a dedicated agile team member, the incumbent will provide input and guidance to the development process to ensure monitoring and operational considerations are built-in to every feature to achieve a secure and stable platform.
The ideal candidate will have the opportunity to build a highly valued team within IT and contribute to our ability to streamline our release management process, support multiple pre-prod and R&D environments and production systems across our organization. The IT SE will drive operational excellence and focusing on delivering and managing our agile environments. He/She will leverage knowledge, experience and expertise across multiple technology stacks to automate, deploy and validate dynamic release management environment with the goal of continuous improvement and optimization. He/She will possess the ability to influence change within their department and others and identify, propose, and implement best practices. Working within a culturally and geographically diverse IT Infrastructure Platform Engineering Team the candidate will oversee the agile deployment, configuration and ongoing maintenance of our pre-production environments, production, software, and equipment in our datacenters. To improve efficiencies, scripting, automation, and real world experience expertise to solve complex problems is equally important.
* Dedicated member of an agile software/devops team
* Deployment, support and maintenance of development software stacks, overseeing build frameworks
* Manage and maintain enterprise infrastructure tools as the primary subject matter expert
* Deploy and manage virtualization infrastructure
* Respond to system issues related to the infrastructure and fulfill service requests
* Lead infrastructure deployments in the scrum
* Assist in facilitating datacenter activities such as system upgrades and hardware provisioning.
* Provide support, and implementation of security policies, compliance, and best practices
* Train other technology staff members on system upgrades and rollouts.
* Prioritize workload and resolve any technical issues/roadblocks
* Solid skills in logical troubleshooting, communication, documentation and problem resolution
* On-Call support for Pre-prod and Production environments
Must have the following:
• 2+ year’ in an agile Operations/devops environment
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology (will consider technical training/job experience equivalents)
• 5+ years’ RedHat Linux Systems Administration
• Scripting languages for configuration and automation such as Python and Shell
• 2+ years’ experience with VMWare ESX
• Knowledge of protocols: HTTP, SSL, SSH, JMS, JDBC, REST API, etc.
• Experience supporting DNS, Mail routing, SMTP, DHCP
• Proficiency in operating system, software, and hardware installation / configuration
• Basic understanding of Networks (VLAN, sub netting, routing and switching
• Being able to work cross platform, with Windows and Linux. This helps understand hybrid platform environment and thus help design considerations. Certification is preferable (RHCE or likewise)
• Experience in automation of key functions, including back-up, continuous integration, provisioning is a huge plus
• Continuous integration tools – experience with Perforce-Jenkins-Nolio and VMWare tools is a plus
• Strong Hold on Unix Scripting languages (Perl, shell scripting or python) to automate manual tasks where necessary
• Willing to work under different technologies and take up new technology responsibilities outside the core skills
• Fluent English and high oral and written communication skills
• Ability to interact with various levels of professionals
• Ability to work under pressure in a fast paced environment and meet tight deadlines
• Ability to act independently to drive IT goals and changes
• Advanced troubleshooting methodology
• Be able to judge priorities and adjust their work accordingly
• Identify and escalate situations requiring urgent attention
• Good understanding of networking and storage technologies related to databases
• General server and network hardware components including rack mounted servers, blade systems, storage, and networking
Experience with these technologies a plus:
• XL Release, Chef Delivery or Plutora for orchestration
• SCOM for monitoring
• Familiarity with Java and Java Script
• Cisco UCS experience
• Cisco networking
• Hitachi and EMC storage
• Work experience in financial services
• Windows Server 2003/2008/2012
For immediate consideration please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you’re interested in and a strong fit for the above opportunity please provide your answers to the following questions:
1) Are you local (AZ)?
2) Are you currently working?
3) What is your availability to interview? How soon could you start if you were offered this position?
4) Are you a US Citizen? What is your citizenship status?
5) Do you have any upcoming vacations?
6) What are your annual salary requirements? What are your hourly wage requirements?
7) Are you seeking a contract, contract to hire, direct hire or are you open to all?
8) Phone number to reach you quickly for interview scheduling?
9) Are you currently interviewing? Do you have any other offers?
US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time. You must pass a background check and drug screen.
We look forward to working with you!
Your PDS Team
Productive Data Solutions, Inc.