Job Code: #15423
Title: DevOPs Lead
Job Location: South Jordan, Utah
PDS has an immedaite opening for a DevOps Lead
You will have a unique opportunity to utilize your development skills while directly working with your team and customers to rapidly respond to the incoming operational development initiatives in our client company. Your specific impact will be seen directly daily, with the opportunity to enhance your development skills while working with customers to recommend and develop solutions in a flexible, and agile way. You will see on a first-hand basis, how your contributions contribute to the company’s and customers success, while seeing real business problems being solved with technology solutions you are directly involved in.
Key Role Responsibilities:
- Takes charge to rapidly respond to incoming bug or defect reports to triage and fix in an efficient manner
- Develops systems and processes in the development channel to be able to rapidly fix, patch, or update software in an agile and flexible way without compromising the integrity of the product
- Specializes in handling the Tier 3 support cases that are more technical and development involved than the Tier 1 and Tier 2 items
- Handles, updates and maintains custom functions, extensions, utilities, DLL’s and other operational development needs of customers with a quick and efficient turnaround time
- Provides technical and development consultation initiatives talking to customers about API’s, Web Config services, and other integrations
- Handles performance(speed) related troubleshooting and profiling. Knows how to find the bottlenecks and can execute on performing optimizations and other updates to improve performance. Recommends best practice for optimal performance strategies
- Performs root cause analysis to determine how and why an issue was introduced. Works with automation engineers to ensure automated tests and systems are put in place to avoid future similar issues and reducing overall defects
- Understands “Poka Yoke” error prevention and strives to implement changes in software to reduce errors, and eliminate common mistakes by users
- Relentless pursuit of finding solutions that will reduce the number of support cases needed that are sent to higher tiers of support
- Instills processes and applications like the Version Selector, Replication Packages, improved diagnostics and debugging that will allow for lower tiers of support to be more self-sufficient and reducing the complexity of troubleshooting and decrease the overall cycle time of support cases
- Drives Self Help initiatives to drive down customer support volume, by working with larger team to build robust documentation, training, self-help, tutorials, knowledge base articles, FAQ’s, etc.
- Strong .NET, C# skills and object-oriented design experience.
- Strong communication skills with ability to talk fluently and confidently regarding technical details
- Passion and desire to rapidly respond and jump on a web meeting with customers to troubleshoot issues that have been escalated
- Technical aptitude to perform detailed analysis to determine the root cause, recommend potential solutions, and fixes, while speaking with technical confidence regarding the problem being solved with the customer.
- Make it happen mentality- knows how to dig into technical issues with the mindset of the last line of defense. A mentality that there is know one else to escalate to. The buck stops here and mindset to find the issue, and come up with a fix/solution
- Ability to take a business need and translate and articulate that need into design specs, and development tasks, while providing accurate and reasonable estimates for completion
- Strong diagnostics and troubleshooting skills with ability to quickly isolate the root cause of the issue and determine potential solutions
- Strong ability to translate business needs into technical requirements, and specifications that lead to winning solutions