Job Code: #13990
Title: Director of Product Management
Job Location: Millcreek, Utah
PDS has an immediate need for a Director Of Product Development
The Director of Product Development is responsible for leading the Engineering Department in research for new products, product enhancements, and product redesign. Evaluates the potential and practicality of products in development and relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. This position requires exercising independent judgment to perform the responsibilities described herein.
Core Responsibilities & Functions
- Lead the creation, evangelism and ongoing emphasis of Software Engineering Best Practices.
- Develop team leadership and succession plan for the team by hiring, training, and mentoring individuals to meet their career development goals.
- Build and motivate an effective product development team.
- Ensure that your team delivers high quality software product and operational requirements including but not limited to functional, usability, performance, reliability, scalability, maintainability, support, analytics and security requirements.
- Drive the execution of projects. Collaborate with Product Management, Marketing, and other Eccovia Solutions Engineering functions (Technical Services, Cloud Hosting Services & Quality Assurance) to produce high quality results.
- Challenge delivery targets by setting stretch goals to execute delivery according to the team commitment including decisions and actions that accelerate output at each stage of the development cycle.
- Work closely with Product Management, Quality Assurance and others to define software products and services to meet and exceed solution requirements.
- Effectively manage multiple demands and competing priorities by anticipating problems/obstacles and develop contingency plans as required.
- Understand progress against the initiative schedule. Work with the Engineering and Exec Leadership team to identify, and resolve initiative issues and risks.
- Liaise with external suppliers and partners as required according.
- Demonstrate by doing; at least 30% allocation to direct development effort contribution
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- BS or greater in Computer Science or Engineering degree strongly preferred or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant experience with 3 years of management experience
- Demonstrated and progressive leadership ability and experience managing Software Engineer teams developing SaaS based products and Cloud solutions
- Proven success in leading software development teams, developing individuals and cross-functional collaboration, and delivering complex web applications; must be able to be a leader of other leaders.
- Strong understanding of technology stacks, knowledge of platform and application layer development processes within a SOA architecture
- Excellent knowledge of .NET, Microsoft technologies including SQL and Azure strongly preferred
Please contact our Recruiting Team for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org