Job Code: #14797
Title: DW/BI Architect
Job Location: Scottsdale, Arizona
Data Warehouse/BI Architect
Data Warehouse/BI Architect Job Description:
Primary responsibilities are to strategically architect and innovate our Data Warehouse platform, as well as advance and promote the effective use of data across the organization, including but not limited the Business Intelligence platform to support the company’s business strategy. As a member of a small team, it is essential that this person have the ability to build strong business relationships, promote and execute world-class project management, leverage deep data warehouse architecture expertise, and exert solid leadership and teamwork skills; all coupled with the ability to think strategically yet execute in a hands-on manner. This individual must be self-motivated and have prior similar experience in building a best practices data warehouse and implementing a functional and effective Business Intelligence foundation.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide strategic and technical leadership to transform client user requirements into a Data Warehouse & BI vision, roadmap, architecture, implementation plan and operating budget.
- Work closely with the Director, Business Intelligence collaborating with business users as well as cross-functional IT partners to lead and participate in the identification, planning, prioritizing, requirements gathering, design, development and implementation of all Data Warehousing and BI projects.
- Provide executive-level recommendations on data warehousing strategies along with a detailed analysis to support these recommendations which will include future state design, data standards, middleware, database management systems, reporting and production architectures.
- Design and implement the architecture for all data warehousing components (e.g., tool integration strategy; source system data ETL strategy, data staging, movement and aggregation; information and analytics delivery; and data quality strategy).
- Provide expert thought leadership in the development and implementation of data governance policies and processes.
- Design the warehouse data storage strategies/approaches (e.g., ODS, EDW, DM, ROLAP, MOLAP) using contemporary methodologies, processes and techniques.
- Establish a Performance Management Competency Center (PMCC) to institutionalize a culture of analytics and to build the capabilities and infrastructure to support such an environment.
- Working closely with the Director, Business Intelligence, develop marketing and communication policies and guidelines to advance the benefits of standardized data structures and BI systems and processes to executives and other managers.
- Lead the continual evolution of the Company’s data environment and BI software suite, including management of upgrades as well as with data store and BI vendors on support and R&D.
- Develop hardware and database recommendations, sizing, configuration and tuning.
- Invest time to grow skills, mentor staff, enhance understanding of advanced data architecture methods and BI management and development processes and best practices, and stay current with new technology developments.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience in a relevant field.
- 10+ years experience in Information Technology with at least 5 years of deep knowledge of best practices through relevant experience across data-related disciplines and technologies, particularly for enterprise-wide data architectures, data management and data warehousing and business intelligence.
- 4+ years proven and professional experience in managing and executing significant initiatives along with providing project management/process support to IT teams.
- Prior Management of a minimum of 2 team members using a progressive leadership style.
- Expert knowledge and experience in designing and implementing warehouse architectures, BI platforms and analytics applications.
- Expert data modeling skills (i.e., conceptual, logical and physical model design, experience with Operational Data Stores, Enterprise Data Warehouses and Data Marts).
- Significant implementation and development experience with one or more of the following BI/Enterprise Reporting tools; MicroStrategy, Oracle, IBM Cognos, Microsoft, Tableau and/or Qlik
- Implementation experience with ETL concepts and tools.
- Ability to think strategically and innovatively, yet pragmatically deliver solutions in a hands-on fashion.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with an ability to express complex technical concepts into cogent and comprehensible business terminology.
- Exceptional organizational and planning skills, strong analytical abilities, and process orientation.
- Ability to inspire and influence people and effectively drive change throughout the organization.
- Commitment to excellence in service, performance, and execution.
- Ability to adapt quickly in a rapidly changing environment while effectively managing multiple projects and priorities simultaneously.
- Pleasant and professional demeanor.
For immediate consideration please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you’re interested in and a strong fit for the above opportunity please provide your answers to the following questions:
1) Are you local (AZ)?
2) Are you currently working?
3) What is your availability to interview? How soon could you start if you were offered this position?
4) Are you a US Citizen? What is your citizenship status?
5) Do you have any upcoming vacations?
6) What are your annual salary requirements? What are your hourly wage requirements?
7) Are you seeking a contract, contract to hire, direct hire or are you open to all?
8) Phone number to reach you quickly for interview scheduling?
9) Are you currently interviewing? Do you have any other offers?
US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time. You must pass a background check and drug screen.
We look forward to working with you!
Your PDS Team
Productive Data Solutions, Inc.