Job Code: #14986
Title: Functional Analyst
Job Location: ,
PDS has an immediate need for a Sr. Functional Analyst.
This position provides the organization the services and leadership that enable our client to enhance their work. This position comprehensively identifies, documents, and demonstrates the optimal technical and user experience through requirements activities/deliverables and requirements-driven processes, which are aligned with the business requirements and solution scope. May cross disciplines or business domains. Has well-developed leadership qualities. Crosses disciplines or business domains. The role of the functional analyst is complementary to and synergistic with the role of the business analyst and UX designer. Provides leadership and strategy on discipline trends.
The Senior Functional Analyst is an assigned member of a Project Team within a portfolio and is accountable for the following activities:
- Encourages a culture of user-centered design and knowledge sharing.
- Mentors discipline competencies.
- Leader in the creation and execution of the product vision and road map.
- Leads efforts to elicit, represent and communicate requirements through requirements-driven processes, written requirements deliverables, diagrams, flow charts, presentations, etc.
- Leads in functional testing and validation to ensure that the user experience of the end product meet the original intent and is of the highest possible quality.
- Evangelize requirements-driven processes and best practice.
- Evangelize user experience roles and their respective value, process, and best practice.
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in CS, MIS, or related field.
- Typically has 12+ years professional experience.
- Advanced knowledge of requirements elicitation and requirements-driven process and best practice.
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of technical and operational application functionality.
- Broad business acumen with transferable skill sets across industries/portfolios.
- Strong technological/architectural to functional skill sets with expertise in a rising technology.
- Advanced writing and presentation skills.
- General knowledge of processes and methods (i.e. Agile, Scrum).
- Meaningful experience related to moving from print to digital environments.
- Exceptional communication skills in interactions with clients, end users, developers and others throughout the design process.
- Exceptional ability to create and share a vision.
- Exceptional ability to build and maintain relationships
- Exceptional ability to persuade and teach without manipulation.
- Exceptional ability to resolve conflict and disparate opinions.
- Exceptional ability to view problems from a holistic viewpoint and accurately pinpoint their root cause.
- Exceptional ability to research and understand a customer's needs, problems, and potential design constraints.
- Exceptional ability to instruct others about design principles, patterns, and processes.
- Possesses and applies comprehensive knowledge and application in all the following competencies and expert in at least two:
- Business Architecture
- Business Analysis
- Enterprise Analysis
- Requirements Elicitation/Analysis
- Solution Assessment/Validation
- Requirements Management
- Plans and conducts assignments, generally involving larger and more important projects or more than one project. Assists with the review and evaluation of personnel performance, progress, and results. May act in liaison capacity with other divisions and departments. Evaluates progress and results and recommends major changes in procedures. Operates with considerable latitude for unreviewed action or decision.
Please contact our recruiting team for more information: email@example.com