Job Code: #14133
Title: Functional Anaylst
Job Location: Riverton, Utah
PDS has an immediate need for a Functional Analyst
The role of the functional analyst is complementary to and synergistic with the role of the business analyst and UX designer. Can broadly perform all functional analyst competencies for one or multiple projects. Keeps pace with discipline trends.
The Functional Analyst is an assigned member of a Project Team and is accountable for the following activities:
- Encourages a culture of user-centered design and knowledge sharing.
- Assists in the creation and execution of the product vision and road map
- Leads efforts to elicit, represent and communicate requirements through requirements-driven processes, written requirements deliverables, diagrams, flow charts, presentations, etc.?
- Leads in functional testing and validation to ensure that the user experience of the end product meet the original intent and is of the highest possible quality.
- Evangelize requirements-driven processes and best practice.
- Exceptional communication skills in interactions with clients, end users, developers and others throughout the design process.
- Exceptional ability to create and share a vision.
- Exceptional ability to build and maintain relationships
- Exceptional ability to persuade and teach without manipulation.
- Exceptional ability to resolve conflict and disparate opinions.
- Exceptional ability to view problems from a holistic viewpoint and accurately pinpoint their root cause.
- Exceptional ability to research and understand a customer's needs, problems, and potential design constraints.
- Exceptional ability to instruct others about design principles, patterns, and processes.
- Possesses and applies comprehensive knowledge and application in all the following competencies and expert in at least two:
- Business Architecture
- Business Analysis
- Enterprise Analysis
- Requirements Elicitation/Analysis
- Solution Assessment/Validation
- Requirements Management
- Usually works with minimum supervision, conferring with senior levels on unusual matters. May be assisted by entry/Junior or other analysts. Assignments are broad in nature, requiring originality and ingenuity. Has appreciable latitude for unreviewed action or decision.
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in CS, MIS, or related field.
- Typically has 8+ years of professional experience.
- Fully competent professional in requirements elicitation and requirements-driven process and best practice.
- Fully competent experience and understanding of technical and operational application functionality.
- Broad business acumen with transferrable skill sets across industries/portfolios.
- Strong technological/architectural to functional skill sets.
- Fully competent writing and presentation skills.
- General knowledge of processes and methods (i.e. Agile, Scrum).
Please contact our Recruiting team for more information: email@example.com