Job Code: #14084
Title: Imaging Scientist
Job Location: Mountain View, California
Apply to this job
PDS has the following open opportunity in Mountain View, CA:
Requires Ph.D. degree in Computer Science, Biomedical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or a related field
- Provides technical guidance to a highly collaborative team of imaging scientists, software developers, and scientists in medicine and biology to solve image and data analysis problems in the field of Digital Pathology.
- Initiates, directs, and executes research and development activities for technology assessment, internal project collaborations, and commercial medical devices.
- Makes strategic decisions and provides direction for the team’s R&D activities in the field of image processing, machine learning, pattern recognition, and data mining.
- Serves as technical lead for the design and development of innovative algorithms to analyze histopathology images and data.
- Designs and implements algorithms and software platforms for prototyping and commercial product development.
- Makes strategic decisions to optimize algorithms and platforms for efficiency, accuracy, performance, and scalability.
- Conceives, designs, conducts and leads advanced independent or multi-disciplinary research driven by strategic business needs.
- Conceives, plans, and executes projects; defines project requirements, deliveries, and time lines; tracks progress and ensures on time quality results.
- Keeps up-to-date with and assess technology advances, the competitive landscape, and job training requirements in the medical device industry.
- Makes major contributions to strategic directions and projects using technology and application expertise.
- Creates strategic input for the creation of the Intellectual Property portfolio of the group.
- Partners with research, development and product development teams; networks with internal and external stakeholders (e.g., pathologists, biochemists, instrumentation engineers, software engineers, and marketing representatives) and subject matter experts and in academia.
- Provides technical direction, mentorship, guidance and feedback to others.
- Other duties as may be assigned by management in the pursuit of the operational goals of the group.
- COMPUTER VISION
- DATA ANALYSIS
- DATA MINING
- MACHINE LEARNING
- MEDICAL DEVICE
- PATTERN RECOGNITION
- SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT
- TECHNICAL LEADERSHIP
- ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING
- EXCELLENT WRITTEN AND VERBAL COMMUNICATION SKILLS
- IMAGE PROCESSING
- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
- MARKETING ANALYSIS
- MEDICAL DEVICES
- PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT
- SOFTWARE ARCHITECTURE
- STRUCTURED SOFTWARE
For immediate consideration please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org and provide answers to the following questions:
1) Are you local (CA)?
2) Are you currently working?
3) What is your availability to interview? How soon could you start if you were offered this position?
4) Are you a US Citizen? What is your citizenship status?
5) Do you have any upcoming vacations?
6) What are your annual salary requirements? What are your hourly wage requirements?
7) Are you seeking a contract, contract to hire, direct hire or are you open to all?
8) Phone number to reach you quickly for interview scheduling?
9) Are you currently interviewing? Do you have any other offers?
US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time. You must pass a background check and drug screen.
We look forward to working with you!
Your PDS Team
Productive Data Solutions, Inc.
Apply to this job