Job Code: #15082
Title: IT Applications Analyst
Job Location: ,
IT Applications Analyst
Our client has an immediate opening for an IT Applications Analyst in the Walnut Creek, CA area.
IT Applications Analyst
Creates, modifies and maintains functional and non-functional requirements for system enhancements, upgrades and new functionality. (Non-functional requirements are system requirements related to the hardware/software environment in which the application will operate, but are not part of the actual business function(s) performed by the application.) Analyzes systems to determine root cause of problems and creates system workflow. Partners with and provides support to project stakeholders throughout the SDLC in understanding and clarifying the requirements under examination.
- Aligns highly complex solutions with business and IT strategies. Ensures clarity and compliance with the organization's architectural standards and documents functional and non-functional requirements. Ensures clarity and inclusion of appropriate details, and strategy, in the same. Maintains documentation for new and existing applications.
- Works closely with customers, business analysts, developers and other team members to understand business requirements that drive the analysis and design of quality technical solutions.
- Involved in the full systems life cycle. Responsible for designing, documenting, implementing, maintaining and supporting highly complex or mission critical application software that is delivered on time and within budget. May lead small teams to accomplish assigned projects.
- Root Cause/solution recommendation – Analyzes defects with an eye towards finding root cause, recommending both technical and non-technical solutions.
- Always works as an active partner (not an order taker) with business stakeholders
- Asks why, why, why – seeks to fully understand before jumping to cause or solution
- Takes full advantage of existing resources and data and conducts appropriate data analysis to support decision making
- Guides the group to explore the factors that will impact key process and technology choices
- Comfortable not saying yes in exploratory discussions and able to explain why in group settings
- Works collaboratively and cross functionally with both internal and external technical resources
- Provides ongoing constructive feedback on external resources to ensure delivery of quality and value
- May play a key SME role in new vendor evaluations including RFI and RFP
- 8+ years systems documentation experience and/or technical writing – IT App/Technical Analyst
- Ability to create non-functional requirements and translate business requirements into non-functional requirements
- Ability to trace given transactions through a complex system and document how systems and overlapping processes interact Strong oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- In depth knowledge/understanding of SDLC and Project Management Methodologies
- Solid understanding of development, quality assurance, and integration methodologies
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Effective presentation development and delivery skills
- Experienced with Microsoft Office Word, Excel (advanced knowledge), PowerPoint, Visio, Project
- 2+ years working with or for medium to large Consulting Services company
- Background / experience in supporting HR and/or Legal Operations and Systems
- Server administration
- ITIL support (Incident and Problem) and change mgmt
For immediate consideration please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you’re interested in and a strong fit for the above opportunity please provide your answers to the following questions:
1) Are you local (AZ)?
2) Are you currently working?
3) What is your availability to interview? How soon could you start if you were offered this position?
4) Are you a US Citizen? What is your citizenship status?
5) Do you have any upcoming vacations?
6) What are your annual salary requirements? What are your hourly wage requirements?
7) Are you seeking a contract, contract to hire, direct hire or are you open to all?
8) Phone number to reach you quickly for interview scheduling?
9) Are you currently interviewing? Do you have any other offers?
US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time. You must pass a background check and drug screen.
We look forward to working with you!
Your PDS Team
Productive Data Solutions, Inc.