Job Code: #9674
Title: Java Developer – Contract
Job Location: Scottsdale, Arizona
Sr. Java Engineer – Contract
Sr. Java Engineer Job Description:
This position provides architectural and big picture oversight for design, development, and maintenance of online transaction and batch processing applications of new or enhanced products. This includes providing leadership and mentoring to Software Engineers in the technical aspects of their assignments. Operates under minimal supervision
· Mentor and monitor Software Engineers in the technical aspects of their assignments.
· Assist in the preparation of Detail Design Documents from Business Requirements defining viable design approaches.
· Assist in the preparation or review formal systems documentation prepared by Software Engineers (e.g., Technical Document).
· The design, development and maintenance of high volume, high performance, batch processing applications in Java. Knowledge on C# and C++ is a plus.
· Validate code is designed to meet technical requirements by participating in code reviews, performing validation testing, etc.
· Ability to rapidly acquire new application development technologies familiarity and train the technical team members with the acquired technical knowledge.
· May perform other duties as required.
· Complies with all security policies and procedures, to ensure that the highest level of system and data confidentiality, integrity and availability is maintained.
· Bachelors Degree in Information Systems or related field or equivalent experience
· 7+ years of design, development, implementing software and leading technical teams
· Effective communication and interpersonal skills
· Approved background and drug screen is required.
· OOA/OOD skills
· Java language skills
· Problem-solving and diagnostic methods
· Software engineering principles
· Written and verbal communication skills and documentation practices
· Distributed system design skills
· J2EE based component knowledge
· SOA framework experience
· Agile processes experience
· RDBMS’s(specifically Oracle)
· Developing parallel processing systems
· Linux environment and tools
· ETL, data quality or MDM tools