Job Code: #13784
Title: Linux Systems Administrator
Job Location: Tempe, Arizona
Sr. Linux Systems Administrator
Sr. Linux Systems Administrator
Our Tempe office is looking for an experienced Linux Sys Admin to provide technology leadership, policy, procedures, standards and implementation for software and technology.
As one of our Linux Sys Admin, you will be responsible for providing IT platform integrity, engineering design standards, scripting and automation and reporting.
What you get to do every day:
- As a System Administrator, you will contribute to architecture definitions, specifications, design, testing, and hands-on solutions to solve business needs
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, upgrades, and resource optimization
- Advocate new tools and processes to improve build and source control efficiency
- Complete root cause and failure analysis to resolve systems problems
- Implement build/deployment automation for continuous integration or continuous delivery
- Participate in software deployments
- Review client support and operational issues, assisting the Application Support team with understanding of client implementations and resolution of problems
- Be the technical support hero for employees and systems administration for internal system
What kind of person should you be?:
- You pride yourself on your time management skills
- You love AWS technologies and automation waaay more than you love your cat(s)
- You can explain problems in non-technical terms without turning blue in the face
- You love (or love to hate) that AZ heat!
What skills do you need?:
- Atleast 6 years of experience in Linux administration
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) environments, Apache Tomcat, and APIs
- Hands on automation skills with tools like Puppet, Chef, Ansible, CloudFormation, etc.
- Scripting experience (Bash, Python, PHP, Ruby)
- Experience with Red Hat- and CentOS-based Linux distributions
- Diverse knowledge covering servers, networks, client server systems, and firewalls
- Knowledge of software-defined server profiles and roles, software-defined infrastructure, GIT source control, and SQL database administration (Backup, Restore, Expand)
What can you expect from us?:
- A unique, supportive, and flexible work environment
- Challenges related to working in a fast-paced, growing environment
- A management team that cares about people
- An extensive orientation program
- A chance to join the occasional beach volleyball game or board game night
- Want to join our amazing team but live out of state?
For immediate consideration please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you’re interested in and a strong fit for the above opportunity please provide your answers to the following questions:
1) Are you local (AZ)?
2) Are you currently working?
3) What is your availability to interview? How soon could you start if you were offered this position?
4) Are you a US Citizen? What is your citizenship status?
5) Do you have any upcoming vacations?
6) What are your annual salary requirements? What are your hourly wage requirements?
7) Are you seeking a contract, contract to hire, direct hire or are you open to all?
8) Phone number to reach you quickly for interview scheduling?
9) Are you currently interviewing? Do you have any other offers?
US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time. You must pass a background check and drug screen.
We look forward to working with you!
Your PDS Team
Productive Data Solutions, Inc.