Job Code: #11714
Title: Linux/VMWare Systems Administrator
Job Location: Garland, Texas
My Client is looking for a Systems Administrator w/Clearance. This is a 3-month position located in Garland, TX.
The Linux/VMWare Systems Administrator will be a member of a dynamic development, installation and support team for the DCGS family of programs, primarily responsible for the installation and configuration of project software. This position requires skills and experience in Linux systems administration (RHEL), COTS/GOTS software configuration, and systems CONOPS. Candidate must possess ability to troubleshoot complex problems, automate tasks to ensure repeatability, create and follow documentation, plan effectively to complete tasks, and communicate clearly both verbally and in writing. The client is looking for a self-starter who is willing to get involved and support all build phases of the system from factory assembly to Site contract closure.
This position requires 25+% domestic and foreign travel
This position requires a minimum DOD Secret.
- Requires a minimum 4+ years of applicable experience
- Proven ability in System Administration (either Linux or Unix), including ability to install, maintain, patch, and perform security hardening
- Familiarity with VMWare, including ability to install, manage, and integrate
- Knowledge of Windows 7 and 2008 Server, including ability to install, maintain, patch, and perform security hardening
- Proven ability to troubleshoot configuration problems and /or complex system problems
- Must possess written and verbal communication skills necessary for problem resolution with other IPTs, customer, contractors and vendors, as well as documentation of processes necessary for intellectual property reuse
- Experience in COTS integration including analysis, design, configuration, integration, testing and debug of COTS systems and their various components (req)
- Background in systems engineering, Integration and Test, or related engineering disciplines with a working knowledge of the integration and test, and operations phases of the program life cycle (req)
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Security + Certification
- Familiarity with Postgresql, including ability to install, write SQL scripts, and optimize
- Ability to read, modify and create SQL scripts (req)
- JBoss experience, including ability to install, troubleshoot, and optimize
- Skills and experience configuring Netbackup, IDM, DNS, RBAC, and LDAP
- An understanding of C4ISR principles and how they apply to site CONOPS
- Experience using a software configuration management system
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, IT, Physics, or in lieu of a degree, equivalent work experience
For immediate consideration, please send your resume to email@example.com.
When submitting your resume, please include the best way and time to reach you and the salary/rate that you desire.