Job Code: #10653
Title: Middleware Engineer
Job Location: WVC, Utah
PDS has an immediate need for a Middleware Engineer. This opportunity is with an outstanding, growing company in Salt Lake City. There are alternative offices in Davis County and Utah County that the successful candidate may choose to work from as well.
Responsibilities include implementation, management and administration of WebSphere MQ Server; also responsible for J2EE/Java EE applications and environments with ownership of web and application layers for internal/external enterprise applications and sites. Environments include mixture of messaging, application servers and middleware components. Job will require configuration, integration between messaging services and Java application layers, deployments, tuning, monitoring, troubleshooting, and a general J2EE/Java EE component knowledge including SOA (ESB, BPM etc…).
* New Implementations
* Break/fix incidences
* Upgrades projects
* System integration
* Will troubleshoot complex problems with root cause analysis communicate problems and solutions both verbally and in writing to internal customers and management
* Create and follow standard processes, plan effectively to complete tasks on schedule, and clearly document results.
Tasks will be varied and range from day-to-day Middleware Administration, and application run-time support, engineering upgrades and new systems, to supporting process definition and implementation. You will see that operational requirements are met by understanding the project impacts to Service Level Agreements. You will participate in meetings with Project Teams, Architecture Standard Working Groups, and Change Management. Maintaining knowledge of industry best practices, messaging standards, application server/jvm tuning and troubleshooting, and overall technical acumen is essential. Will be part of the 24/7 on-call rotation schedule.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
* WebLogic, WebSphere, web server (Administration, troubleshooting and architecture)
* Basic Unix skills (Command line, troubleshooting and networking)
* Working knowledge of TCP/IP networks and topology.
* Full use and application of standard IT principles, theories, concepts, and techniques.
* Working knowledge of programming and systems analysis and related applications.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
* Enterprise Service Bus
* SOA (Base Principles, Governance and Security)
* Web Content Management
* Business Process Modeling and Server
* Java Development Skills (Ability to deep dive into application issues