Job Code: #12087
Title: Network Architect
Job Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico
My client is seeking a Network Architect. You must be a U.S. Citizen and have an active Government Clearance. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time.
The Network Architect will be a Top-level technical expert responsible for design and development of a client/server environment. Develops strategy of client/server system and the design infrastructure necessary to support that strategy. Advises on selection of technological purchases with regards to processing, data storage, data access, and applications development. Sets standards for the client/server relational database structure for the organization (SQL, ORACLE, SYBASE, etc.). Advises of feasibility of potential future projects to management. Provides technical expertise, strategic planning and recommendations to program management for new technologies and network applications in response to ACE-IT needs. Works with internal and external partners to evaluate and design solutions for customer requirements which will integrate with and enhance the network. Applies complex design principles and methodology to ensure cost-effective and optimal use of resources and technology without jeopardizing network integrity.
- Security Clearance: Secret
- DoDI 8570.01-M IASAE Level I certification and corresponding Computing Environment certification
- Designs and manages the rollout of critical network infrastructures to support ACE-IT services for both strategic (long term) and tactical (Immediate requirements) level.
- Evaluate alternative technologies and architectures in relation to ACE-IT communications infrastructure needs.
- Interfaces with program and ACE-IT leadership along with vendors to develop and implement new solutions to meet ACE-IT needs.
- Ensures the network infrastructure is fully documented and performing as required for internal and external customers IAW SLAs and customer expectations by means of specific metrics and measurements.
- Operates and Maintains UNIX servers running a variety of applications
- Patch management and administration of UNIX servers
- Operation and Maintenance of ACE-IT infrastructure
- Provides management and support of all applications and services that support the ACE-IT infrastructure including the Oracle databases
- Provides real-time situational awareness of all necessary USACE Communication assets as required by the ACE-IT NOSC
- Responsible for mapping and maintaining current configurations from the Tier zero to Tier one connections.
- Responsible for installations, upgrades support, and problem determination for the UNIX and latest Windows operating systems and the appropriate licensed software products.
- Provides answers to general and detailed technical questions on all supported systems.
- Configures and update the domain name server on existing workstations.
- Ensures that Spectrum and eHealth are accurate representations of the actual network.
- Responsible for all other duties as assigned.
Education/Certifications: One year related experience may be substituted for one year of education, if degree is required.
Bachelors Degree in IT or related field.
This position requires DoDI 8570.01-M IASAE Level I certification and corresponding Computing Environment certification. Must have at least one of the following: CCNP, CCNP Security, CCNP Voice, CCNP Wireless, CCNP Service Provider, CCIE, CCIE Security, CCIE Wireless, CCIE Voice, CCIE Service Provider.
At least 5-8 years of practical experience working with network infrastructure equipment such as routers, switches, servers, call managers, and SNMP based applications running on the UNIX platform. Must have excellent oral and written communication skills. Must be able to work rotating shift schedules which provide 24 hour day/7 day week coverage.
Demonstrated in-depth knowledge of LAN/WAN architecture support and engineering design for voice, data, and video networks at all layers of the network. Thorough understanding of modern service provider TCP/IP data networks using standards and technologies including but not limited to: MLPS, IS-IS, OSPF, BGP4, STP, RSTP, 802.1x etc. Ability to work along as an individual contributor and as a technical lead in a team environment. Router, switch and IP Configuration experience is a must.
For immediate consideration, please send your resume to email@example.com.
When submitting your resume, please include the best way and time to reach you and the salary/rate that you desire.
This position can be located at any of the below locations:
|Los Angeles||CA||New Orleans||LA||Omaha||NE||Nashville||TN|
|Jacksonville||FL||St. Paul||MN||New York||NY||Norfolk||VA|
|Honolulu||HI||St. Louis||MO||Portland||OR||Walla Walla||WA|
We are also looking to fill the positions listed below. They are also available in any of the locations listed above.
|Application Programmer II||Network Security/Information Assurance Engineer I||Software Packager|
|CNDSP Incident Analyst III||Network Security/Information Assurance Engineer II||Storage Engineer I|
|Database Administrator II||Network Security/Information Assurance Engineer III||Systems Engineer III|
|Network Architect||Remedy Application Developer||UNIX Server Engineer III|
|Network Engineer II||SharePoint Developer||VDI Engineer|