Job Code: #11544
Title: Network Engineer II
Job Location: Portland, Oregon
My client is seeking a Network Engineer II. This position will be located in Portland, OR.
The Network Engineer II will perform high-level systems analysis, evaluation, design, integration, documentation, and implementation of very complex application that require a thorough knowledge of administrative and technical skills. Directs and participates in all phases of system development with emphasis on planning, analysis, evaluation, integration, testing and acceptance phases (IV&V and DT&E). Applies higher-level business or technical principles and methods to very difficult technical problems to arrive at automated engineering solution. Perform a variety of network management services related to the operation, performance, or availability of data communications networks. Modify command language programs, network start-up files, assign/reassign network device logical, analyze network performance, and recommend adjustments to a wide variety of complex network management functions. Responsibility for overall performance and availability of networks. Provide LAN/MAN/CAN/WAN consultant support with skill in network analysis, integration, and tuning. Analyze client LANs/MANs/CAN/WANs, isolate source of problems recommend reconfiguration and implementation of new network hardware to increase performance. Oversee management of network operating systems. Conduct load balancing efforts to achieve optimum device use and network performance. Establish mail boxes and monitor mail performance on the network. Coordinate with systems or communications engineering to resolve hardware problems. Work with customers and operations staff in scheduling preventive and emergency maintenance.
- Security Clearance: Secret
- DoDI 8570.01-M IAT Level II Certification and corresponding Computing Environment (CE) certification
- Analyze requirements and design LAN/WAN network configurations consistent with both short- and long-term objectives.
- Install, maintain and monitor network operations.
- Reporting of network operational status by gathering, prioritizing information and managing network projects.
- Secures network systems by establishing and following ACE-IT and USACE policies; defining and monitoring access to network resources.
- Maximize network performance by monitoring, troubleshooting, scheduling upgrades, collaborating with network architect and other network engineers.
- Establishes network environment by designing system configuration, directing systems installation, defining documenting and enforcing system standards.
- Research and solve complex problems regarding data communication failures.
- Train personnel in data communication operations and procedures.
- Serve as a communications technical resource.
- Performs other duties and assignments as required.
Education/Certifications: One year related experience may be substituted for one year of education, if degree is required.
Master’s degree and seven years’ experience or Bachelor’s degree and ten years’ experience.
This position requires DoDI 8570.01-M IAT Level II Certification and corresponding Computing Environment certification: GSEC, Security+CE, SSCP or CCNA-Security
Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Four years of related experience
- Cisco network equipment (Routers, switches, firewalls) skills/certifications.
- General routing and switching and firewall competencies
- Load Balancing experience and knowledge
- Network documentation and standards remediation
- Work well with a team and as independent contributor
- Network design and implementation skills
- Knowledge of LAN/WAN hardware configuration, performance tuning, troubleshooting
For immediate consideration, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
When submitting your resume, please include the best way and time to reach you and the salary/rate that you desire.