Job Code: #11313
Title: Network Operations Engineer
Job Location: WVC, Utah
PDS is looking for a Network Operations Engineer to supplement an existing team. This opportunity is with an outstanding, growing organization in Salt Lake City. The opportunity could be in either their Davis County office or their Salt Lake City office.
Network Operations Engineer
Our client is looking for an engineer to join our Network Operations team with primary responsibilities for network implementation, operations, maintenance and monitoring associated with the local and wide area network environments.
· Perform day-to-day operational support, implementation and maintenance of the network infrastructure.
· Troubleshoot and resolve network performance, connectivity, and configuration issues.
· Monitor and Remedys network utilization/capacity.
· Design, implementation and maintenance of monitoring and management systems for the network operations group.
· Coordinate with engineering and other staff members on issues related to existing infrastructure and new implementations.
· Provide 24×7 on call support on a rotating basis; after-hours and weekend work as required.
· Act as a mentor to the Network Operations Monitor Techs.
· Hands on technical experience configuring, maintaining and troubleshooting Cisco routers and switches.
· Hands on technical experience configuring, maintaining and troubleshooting various routing protocols including BGP, EIGRP, and OSPF.
· Hands on technical experience configuring, maintaining and troubleshooting Cisco IOS and CATOS.
· Experience with maintaining network infrastructure in a high availability production environment.
· Thorough understanding of L2 and L3 protocols and technologies.
· Hands on usage and intermediate admin capabilities with Linux and Windows.
· Familiarity with network management and monitoring tools such as Solarwinds, Netscout, Syslog and SNMP.
· Current CCNP or CCIE certification(s) a big plus.
· Experience with scripting languages a plus.
Please contact our recruiting team for more details: firstname.lastname@example.org