Job Code: #11600
Title: Network Security/Information Assurance Engineer II
Job Location: Portland, Oregon
My client is seeking a Network Security/Information Assurance Engineer II. This position will be located in Portland, OR.
The Network Security/Information Assurance Engineer II will be responsible to develop information systems assurance programs and control guidelines, assists in resolving technical problems, priorities and methods
- Security Clearance: Secret
- DoDI 8570.01-M IASAE Level I certification and corresponding Computing Environment (CE) certification
- Provides network security policy recommendations, project planning, change control, firewall management/release updates, and routing Access Control List (ACL) management.
- The Network Security Engineers are responsible for configuration policy enforcement, routine maintenance, Virtual Private Network (VPN) policy recommendations, routing policies for Active Directory (AD) domain controllers, IDS, Exchange, and system maintenance.
- Periodically scan the Network to detect vulnerabilities and reinforce the security infrastructure working in conjunction with the IA teams.
- Plan network development and expansion as needed. Engineer technical solutions and advise military counterparts of cost impact and timelines for implementing them.
- Responsible for providing technical and operational engineering support to functional users within the ACE-IT AOR for managing, monitoring and maintaining situational awareness of the networks and systems.
- Advise on technical and operational requirements to improve performance and quality of service for all networks and systems under the responsibility of the Data Center.
- Analyze and troubleshoot networks, to include router and switch management and configuration.
- Analyze and troubleshoot Microsoft Windows Operating Systems, and Microsoft mail applications.
- Perform network vulnerability analysis and provide incident and violation response support.
- Provide cyber security awareness and training as required.
- Apply knowledge of IA policies to include infrastructure to identify and correct anomalies within the infrastructure.
- Incorporate security disciplines, recommend and develop requirements, specifications, designs, and procedures to satisfy program security policy and planning guidance.
- Exercise network security policies and procedures.
- Perform network performance tuning of network infrastructure including routers, switches, fast Ethernet links, network address translations and firewalls.
- Generate reports, collect and analyze data, determine ways to improve and streamline the network.
- Perform other duties and assignments as required.
Education/Certifications: One year related experience may be substituted for one year of education, if degree is required.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in IT or related field.
This position requires DoDI 8570.01-M IASAE Level I certification and corresponding Computing Environment certification: CISSP (or Associates), CASP CE or CSSLP
Must have at least one of the following: RHCE, BCCPP, CCNP, CCNP Security, CCNP Voice, CCNP Service Provider, CCIE, CCIE Security, CCIE Voice, CCIE Service Provider, MCITP Server Administrator: Windows Server 2008, MCITP Enterprise Administrator: Windows Server 2008, MCITP Virtualization Administrator Windows Server 2008 R2, MCSE Desktop Infrastructure 2012, MCSE Server Infrastructure 2012, MCSE Private Cloud 2012, VCAP 4, VCAP 5.
At least 5 years of practical experience in data network installation, engineering or administration in an Enterprise network environment. . Understanding of basic security principles and their application to an Active Directory Environment. Must be an expert with Cisco IOS and PIX OS. UNIX, Webpage/automation systems development and programming is a plus. Must be able to work rotating shift schedules which provide 24 hour day/7 day week coverage.
- Excellent customer service skills are mandatory.
- Extensive experience with system and security design and architecture
- Knowledge of LAN/WAN, VPNs, Firewalls, Routers and switches
- Experience with software development
- Strong understanding of windows and UNIX operating systems and how they relate to network devices
- Demonstrated ability to manage teams and projects
- Strong understanding of security technologies and concepts
- Experience in design and implementation of secure network solutions including DMZs and web portals
- Knowledge of Information Assurance and Information Operations technologies and development activities
- Understanding of DIACAP and certification and accreditation program
- Must be able to work collaboratively across agencies and physical locations
For immediate consideration, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
When submitting your resume, please include the best way and time to reach you and the salary/rate that you desire.