Job Code: #14577
Title: Lead IT Technician
Job Location: Phoenix, Arizona
***As mentioned these will be 12 hour shifts 6 AM – 6 PM (3 days on 1 week at 36 hours and 4 days on the next at 48 hours) Please make sure to run the shifts by them!!!
LEAD IT TECHNICIAN
Our client has an immediate opening for a Lead IT Technician
Lead IT Technician
Provide a high-level of quality technical support, event monitoring and recovery services for our client’s critical systems. Maintain information technology service, functionality and end user satisfaction by coordinating, monitoring, maintaining and assisting with the resolution of escalated issues for applications/services, servers and networks.
- Communicate and escalate High Priority events to the Technology Management teams, and other departments, to help resolve application issues, Unix/Linux, Windows server issues, and network issues.
- Facilitate resolution by initiating team collaboration, and providing troubleshooting results to Technology teams.
- Assist with the recovery of applications by utilizing intermediate Linux and Windows system administration tools and skills.
- Provide customer service by assisting internal external customers with technical problems and information requests.
- Enhance automation processes and coordinates with internal departments to recommend systems or production environment modifications or other corrective actions as appropriate.
- Facilitates smooth departmental operations by serving as a subject matter expert. Oversees proper problem escalation, notification and follow-up and ensures continuity of service levels and system functionality.
- Provides accurate documentation of issues and activity by monitoring and maintaining a daily issues tracking log.
- Participates in special projects as assigned.
- Protects the Company by handling business sensitive information with appropriate confidentiality and adhering to IT Security standards and procedures.
- Minimum 4 years related experience in an Operations Role, monitoring and responding to Critical Events.
- Proven track record in providing strong multitasking skills in a fast paced ever changing environment is a must.
- Associates Degree in Computer Science, Data Processing or related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Requires Strong Documentation skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Requires intermediate knowledge in Linux administration, Windows Active Directory and Exchange Management Console administration, commvault or similar backup software.
- Familiarity with Database user account administration.
- Requires working knowledge of Application recovery, Ticketing Systems and Monitoring software.
- Prefer A+, Net+ Certifications.
- Must possess a Strong background in troubleshooting and applying critical thinking methods to solve complex problems in a timely manner. Should have a positive attitude, team oriented, and a thirst for continual learning and career growth.
For immediate consideration please send your resume to: email@example.com
If you’re interested in and a strong fit for the above opportunity please provide your answers to the following questions:
1) Are you local (AZ)?
2) Are you currently working?
3) What is your availability to interview? How soon could you start if you were offered this position?
4) Are you a US Citizen? What is your citizenship status?
5) Do you have any upcoming vacations?
6) What are your annual salary requirements? What are your hourly wage requirements?
7) Are you seeking a contract, contract to hire, direct hire or are you open to all?
8) Phone number to reach you quickly for interview scheduling?
9) Are you currently interviewing? Do you have any other offers?
US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. You must pass a background check and drug screen.
We look forward to working with you!
Your PDS Team
Productive Data Solutions, Inc.