Job Code: #11177
Title: Operational Data Store Modeler
Job Location: WVC, Utah
Apply to this job
PDS has an immediate need for an Operational Data Store Modeler Consultant. This requirement is with one of the top regional Financial Institutions in the nation.
The ODS Modeler is responsible to learn how operational systems store their information and create data models (conceptual, logical and physical) that will satisfy operational reporting requirements. The ODSM is proficient in industry standard techniques for process and data modeling. Within data modeling, the ODSM must be proficient in both 3rd normal form relational modeling. This person must be experienced in group facilitation with participants from diverse business functions and work skills.
Responsibilities include modeling, designing, developing, implementing, and maintaining the operational data store models; establishing policies and procedures pertaining to the management, security, maintenance, and use of the database management system.
– 6+ years of total IT experience
– 2+ years’ experience with specific responsibility for modeling business intelligence within data warehouse or operational data store environments
– Expert data modeling skills (i.e. conceptual, logical and physical model design, experience with Operation Data Stores, Enterprise Data warehouses and Data Marts)
– Expert knowledge in SQL
– Expert knowledge of relational and dimensional database design concepts
– Good understanding of both database and system performance tuning
– Good understanding of how Change Data Capture (CDC) can be leveraged efficiently load data into an ODS.
– Good understanding of the MPP databases with their related utilities and tools
– Familiarity with industry standard modeling tools. E/R Studio is a plus
– Good understanding in Unix programming (Korn Shell, C Shell, Bourne Shell, etc.) and the underlying operating system is a plus
– Good understanding of database security management
– Good facilitation skills to engage subject matter experts
– Good background in database design and lifecycle management
– Knowledge of database loading methods
– Knowledge of one or more of the leading database platforms ( i.e. Oracle, Netezza and Teradata are preferred)
– Knowledge of all phases of the system development life cycle
– Strong problem resolution skills
– Strong testing and debugging skills
– Strong communication and interpersonal skills
– Demonstrated ability to take ownership & responsibility for development and maintenance projects
Please contact our Recruiting Team for more information: email@example.com
Apply to this job