Job Code: #15383
Title: Oracle DBA
Job Location: Provo, Utah
This is a Oracle DBA role largely responsible for providing operational database services to the organization. Some of the primary responsibilities of this role would include owning, tracking and resolving database related incidents and requests, fulfilling requests and resolving incidents within timely manner, reviewing service related reports (e.g: materialized views, backups, maintenance, monitoring) on a daily basis to ensure service related issues are identified and resolved within established SLAs, responding to database related alerts and escalations and working with database engineering to come up with strategic solutions to recurring problems.
This Oracle DBA role requires a service oriented mentality, high sense of ownership of the problems and requests assigned, focus on managing and resolving issues in alignment with the SLAs, establishing and maintaining communication with technology customers to keep them updated with status of their requests, initiating and performing changes on production systems and proactively escalating any issues that cannot be resolved within the established timeframes.
We are looking for a person who:
- Has 5+ years of experience in Database Administration and supporting Oracle Database environments.
- Strong experience in Database Administration for version 12c, 11g, 10g
- Experience in troubleshooting and resolving database integrity issues, performance issues, blocking and deadlocking issues, materialized view issues, connectivity issues, security issues etc.
- Experience in Performance Tuning, Query Optimization, using Performance Monitor, SQL Tuner and other related monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
- Ability to detect and troubleshoot Oracle database related CPU, memory, I/O, disk space and other resource contention.
- Strong knowledge of materialized views, backups, restores, recovery models, database table space management, security management.
- Strong knowledge of how triggers, indexes, index management, integrity checks, configuration, patching. How statistics work, how indexes are stored, how they can be created and managed effectively.
- Knowledge of Oracle tools (TOAD for Oracle, Aqua Data Studio, PL SQL Developer).
- Some SQL Development – ability to write and troubleshoot SQL Code and design ( stored procs, functions, tables, views, triggers, indexes, constraints )
- Solid acquaintance with Linux server, security delegation, storage components.
- Documentation skills for processes and procedures.
- Oracle Database Operational support to tech users.
- Knowledge of 3rd party DBA tools and applications.
- Knowledge and understanding of Linux Shell scripting and editing tools.