Job Code: #9783
Title: Scrum Master/PM
Job Location: Scottsdale, Arizona
Scrum Master/PM Contract
Our client has an immediate opening for a Scrum Master/PM position in the Scottsdale, AZ area.
Scrum Master/PM Job Description:
This position has primary accountability for guiding Agile team(s) to consistent and successful delivery of new software capabilities identified by Product Development organization. As an Agile expert, the Scrum Master will be responsible for coaching and reinforcing the Agile tenants, removing impediments and promoting empowerment
· Act as Agile process champion and drive organization awareness on tenants of methodology.
· Plan, organize, and facilitate daily stand ups, sprint/release planning sessions, sprint retrospectives, and other Agile-related ceremonies.
· Plan and deliver against sprint plans/commitments as defined by sprint backlog
· Ensure development stories, acceptance criteria, story point estimates, underlying assumptions, and all related documentation are timely, complete and in alignment with defined best practices.
· Create, monitor, and action team performance reporting (burn down, velocity, sprint progress)
· Facilitate team discussions on impediments (project risks/issues) and promptly mitigate to improve team’s opportunity for success. Escalate and communicate items in timely and fact-based manner, as necessary.
· Anticipate, mentor, and pro-actively mitigate team conflict and drive continuous improvement in team collaboration, productivity and self-governing maturity.
· Ensure all project documentation requirements are completed in timely, accurate, and complete manner in alignment with SDLC, compliance, audit, security, and financial best practices/polices.
· Build cohesive and sustainable working relationships with Agile team members, Program Managers, project stakeholders, business partners, and IT leadership.
· Monitors, reviews and collaborates with team Business Analyst and/or Product Owner on maintenance of sprint and project backlog with focus on planning and execution objectives.
· Initiates project retrospectives and facilitates implementation of process improvements identified during meetings with focus on enhancing team proficiency (quality, velocity, maturity)
· Supports and provides input into financial planning for the project(s) including project budget, resources forecasting, capital needs and variance commentary.
· Continuously accumulates and applies technical, product, and project management knowledge and industry trends/practices to raise credibility and performance of Scrum Master and team.
· Complies with all security policies and procedures, to ensure that the highest level of system and data confidentiality, integrity and availability is maintained
· Education or experience equivalent to a Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Engineering, Computer Science or related field.
· Three years of Agile Methodologies experience with minimum of two years in Scrum Master role.
· Five years of project management or software development management experience in either Waterfall and Agile work environments
· Strong team player with ability to coach/mentor others within a team environment.
· Superior leadership, relationship building and team collaboration skills leading diverse, cross –functional teams on multiple, complex projects simultaneously.
· Highly engaged, self-starter with ability to balance achieving results and fostering collaboration.
· Demonstrated experience in planning and orchestrating process improvement.
· Prior experience with project management tool suites including MS Project, Plainview, and Rally.
· Approved background and drug screen is required.
· Effective written, verbal, and presentation communication skills with ability to tailor to varying audiences. Confidence and poise to present at all levels effectively.
· Experienced user of Microsoft Office Suite to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio.
· Professional certifications in project management and process improvement desired.
o PMI credentials in project management (PMP, PMI-ACP)
o SCRUM Alliance credentials (CSM, CSP)
o Six Sigma, LEAN, CMMI, ITIL or other equivalent credentials
· Experience in risk management, fraud prevention, and/or new product development of fraud prevention software solutions.
· Prior work experience in Banking and/or Financial Services Industries.
· Experience with payment/depository processes, identity management (authorization/authentication), fraud prevention predictive modeling, or anti money laundering.
· Working knowledge of technology stacks to include Java, .net, Hadoop, etc.
· Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
For immediate consideration please send your resume to: email@example.com
If you’re interested in and a strong fit for the above opportunity please provide your answers to the following questions:
1) Are you local (AZ)?
2) Are you currently working?
3) What is your availability to interview? How soon could you start if you were offered this position?
4) Are you a US Citizen? What is your citizenship status?
5) Do you have any upcoming vacations?
6) What are your annual salary requirements? What are your hourly wage requirements?
7) Are you seeking a contract, contract to hire, direct hire or are you open to all?
8) Phone number to reach you quickly for interview scheduling?
9) Are you currently interviewing? Do you have any other offers?
US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time. You must pass a background check and drug screen.
We look forward to working with you!
Your PDS Team
Productive Data Solutions, Inc.