Job Code: #11733
Title: Security Operations Analyst
Job Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Security Operations Analyst – Night Shift
Security Operations Analyst
As part of the Information Security Team, you will play a key role in driving a secure and compliant vision for the future of education. The Information Security Analyst is responsible for monitoring, response, and proactive interdiction of threats and vulnerabilities affecting Apollo’s information assets around the globe. To accomplish its mission, Information Security uses cutting-edge technologies, advanced analytic techniques, policy and procedure support, and awareness activities to identify and mitigate threats while educating users and informing the enterprise on risks and trends.
Why join us:
- Opportunity – Apollo has freedom and autonomy to pursue new, inventive ideas that will change the face of education for decades to come. You can be part of that move.
- Impact – Apollo supports more than half a million adult learners and faculty in the U.S. alone. As we expand internationally, your work will help bring access to higher education to millions around the globe.
- Technology Innovation – As part of Apollo, you’ll be on the forefront of implementing cutting-edge, adaptive learning and data mining technologies aimed at helping millions achieve the dream of a college education.
- People – You’ll work with a team of experienced technology professionals who are changing the world for the better. Our team brings people from some of the top high-tech, media, and educational organizations together. Most importantly, we work in a highly collaborative, creative, and fun environment!
- Balance – At Apollo we put people first. We have a work culture that supports a positive work/life balance and encourages achievement both at work and at home.
The Security Operations Analyst responds to information security incidents, implements appropriate security safeguards, tests proposed security solutions, and performs audit/compliance and forensic activities as needed. The Security Analyst provides support for operational security tools and technologies by responding to alerts and troubleshooting issues. The Security Operations Analyst will assist with a variety of duties including:
- Review, validate, classify, and respond to security events
- Analyze a variety of network and host-based security logs (Firewalls, NIDS, HIDS, Syslog, etc.)
- Monitor and analyze network traffic and IDS alerts Investigate intrusion attempts and perform in-depth analysis of exploits
- Conduct proactive threat research
- Determine correct remediation actions and escalation paths for each incident
- Perform initial incident triage
- Document all activities during an incident and provide leadership with status updates
- Participate in incident reporting for high priority events
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Security incident Event Management (SIEM) console monitoring and correlation
- Security incident initial response and triage
- Hotline response (issue resolution, security incident reporting)
- Continuous compliance monitoring
- Antivirus monitoring and logging
- Network and host IDS/IPS monitoring and logging
- Network and host DLP monitoring and logging
- Email and spam gateway and filtering
- Application whitelisting and file integrity monitoring
- Threat research, intelligence and monitoring
- Monitoring network traffic flows
- Abuse response (email, phishing attacks, social engineering calls)
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably in Computer Science, Business or related area) and/or a combination of the following is required:
- Equivalent education or training in related disciplines
- 1+ years progressive experience in Information Security or Information Technology
For immediate consideration please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you’re interested in and a strong fit for the above opportunity please provide your answers to the following questions:
1) Are you local (AZ)?
2) Are you currently working?
3) What is your availability to interview? How soon could you start if you were offered this position?
4) Are you a US Citizen? What is your citizenship status?
5) Do you have any upcoming vacations?
6) What are your annual salary requirements? What are your hourly wage requirements?
7) Are you seeking a contract, contract to hire, direct hire or are you open to all?
8) Phone number to reach you quickly for interview scheduling?
9) Are you currently interviewing? Do you have any other offers?
US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time. You must pass a background check and drug screen.
We look forward to working with you!
Your PDS Team
Productive Data Solutions, Inc.