Job Code: #13839
Title: Senior Program Manager
Job Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Senior Program Manager
Our client has an immediate opening for a Senior Program Manager in Phoenix, AZ .
Senior Program Manager
The Senior Program Manager (SPgM) is responsible for the daily execution of programs and responsibilities of the Product Portfolio and/or Program Implementation Teams. This person provides overall leadership and direction to the program and product teams while rolling up their sleeves and diving in when necessary to remove barriers for the product and implementation teams while ensuring cross-team risks and issues are effectively managed. The SPgM builds and maintains successful relationships with internal IT colleagues, vendor partners as well as the marketing and organization stakeholders of whom we impact. This person is an advocate for change while addressing and motivating the team through organizational stress driven by ambiguity. They employ best practices and ensuring the program team is aware of alternative structured approaches.
Responsible for the business aspects of the product, project or service, including ensuring the right product/project is being delivered, in the right order, within budget and by the deadline. Regularly creates an improvement plan – in terms of people, processes and technology – to improve a service.
The SPgM is expected to work autonomously and have minimal interaction with HR/Project Leader with regards to program management waterfall and agile methodologies. When collaborating, the expectation is an awareness of items that will have an unexpected project outcome and provide recommendations to ensure there are minimal impacts to timelines.
Senior Program Managers are assigned to complex initiatives of significant scope, organizational impact and budget. They are expected to contribute to the continuous improvement of the product and/or project management lifecycle methodology.
This is a strategic and hands-on role, managing the product(s) and implementation from inception to phase out, including product launch and support as well as project(s) from feasibility to closeout.
• Manages the program management principles. Has a demonstrated and proven background in program management principles, techniques and best practices both PMBOK and Agile approaches.
• Directs and leads multi-faceted Project Manager(s) and/or Scrum Master(s) whom oversee other team members and Coordinators as they prepare and manage documentation, deliverables, milestones, resources, schedules, and budgets.
• Provides effective collaboration, facilitation, leadership and coaching skills supporting the teams with agile development process and delivery of our applications. As an agile expert, the SPgM will be responsible for enforcing the agile tenants as interpreted by our team, removing impediments and promoting empowerment. This position is highly responsible and accountable, and will challenge the teams to both, adopt and improve agile best practices in the group. This position requires; a high level technical understanding of software development and technology, support agile based SDLC for software development while ensuring necessary standards, tools and best practices are clearly documented and adopted, and participates and support development and delivery of software.
• Requires demonstrated ability to launch and deliver a program(s) comprised of multiple complex projects as well as provide support for corporate Initiatives.
• Maintains clear communication with clients regarding mutual expectations. Anticipates clients' needs by seeking information about the apparent, as well as underlying, requirements. Matches requirements to new or existing products and services. Makes concrete attempts to add value and enhance clients' ability to achieve their business goals.
• Manage relationships and participate in forming requirements for product delivery vendors.
• Contribute to release management process standardization and ensure adherence.
• Evaluate financial aspects of product development or project delivery. This includes budgets, expenditures, research and development appropriations and returns-on-investment planning.
• Build relationships and engage with every stakeholder of the product regularly.
• Report to senior management and stakeholders regularly.
• Resolve problems with products or projects, mitigating risk and removing issues while working across teams.
• Tracks assigned budget and resources and provides input to the annual budget development process. Prepares cost estimates and budget recommendations. Monitors expenditures.
• Serves as a liaison with internal departments, executives, external organizations and public representatives. Represents the organization at a variety of meetings, public events, on committees, and/or other related events regarding services, programs, projects and facilities.
• Works closely with the Digital Client Success Quality Assurance Team and Vendor Quality Assurance Teams to ensure the preparation of test plans and scripts for technical and functional testing, execution of test cases and scenarios for the product, documentation of all issues, collaboration with other team members, and follow through to problem resolution.
• Establishes communication plans and delivers project status by publishing high-quality project reports and presentations.
• Supervises staff including prioritizing and assigning work; conducting performance evaluations if applicable; ensuring staff is trained; ensuring that employees follow policies and procedures; maintaining a safe working environment; and, making hiring, termination, and disciplinary recommendations.
• Practices decision-making by quickly assessing the scope of an issue, providing options that lead to its closure. Determines which option is appropriate option based on the unique situation.
• Proactively identifies present and future obstacles, issues, and opportunities; takes actions to address such obstacles.
- 7 years of relevant technical and business experience required (Project and Program Management)
- 3 year Information Technology Leadership Experience required
- 3+ years Scrum Master experience preferred
- Experience managing large cross-functional teams, building relationships with people at a variety of levels and influencing senior leadership.
- Demonstrated ability to conceptualize, launch and deliver one or more digital products or projects on time, within allowed budget with value clearly measured
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Related Field or Equivalent Professional Experience required
- Certification as Product Owner and/or Scrum Master preferred
- Project Management Professional (PMP)® Certification preferred
- Must have working knowledge of product management and development management software such as Jira, Microsoft Team Foundation Services (MS TFS) or Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS)
For immediate consideration please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you’re interested in and a strong fit for the above opportunity please provide your answers to the following questions:
1) Are you local (AZ)?
2) Are you currently working?
3) What is your availability to interview? How soon could you start if you were offered this position?
4) Are you a US Citizen? What is your citizenship status?
5) Do you have any upcoming vacations?
6) What are your annual salary requirements? What are your hourly wage requirements?
7) Are you seeking a contract, contract to hire, direct hire or are you open to all?
8) Phone number to reach you quickly for interview scheduling?
9) Are you currently interviewing? Do you have any other offers?
US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. You must pass a background check and drug screen.
We look forward to working with you!
Your PDS Team
Productive Data Solutions, Inc.