Job Code: #13000
Title: Senior QA Tester
Job Location: San Antonio, Texas
We are actively seeking a Sr. Quality Assurance Analyst
The selected individual will be responsible for:
- Review functional and design specifications to ensure full understanding of individual deliverables.
- Identify test requirements from specifications, map test case requirements and design test coverage plan.
- Develop, document and maintain functional and performance test cases and other test artifacts like the test data, data validation, harness scripts and automated scripts.
- Hold and facilitate test plan/case reviews with cross-functional team members.
- Isolate, replicate, and report defects and verify defect fixes.
- Execute and evaluate manual or automated test cases and report test results.
- Provide visible metrics indicating test coverage and defect trends
- Collaborate with UX Designers, BAs, QA engineers, and product owners to develop continuous product enhancements and releases
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, other engineering field or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5 years Quality Assurance experience in Web and Mobile applications
- Experience working as a Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) or proficiency in at least one programming language such as Java, C++, C, C#
- Experience working in Agile teams and familiarity with Scrum
- Testing UI, web services, databases, and back end functionality using tools like Selenium, SoapUI, JMeter or QTP
- Automating test cases by writing custom scripts using at least one language such as Python, Perl, Ruby or VBScript
- Working knowledge of SQL, ability to write complex queries Tracking defects, trends, and generated reports used tracking systems like Jira or HP ALM Interpersonal
- Effective, verbal communication
- Excellent written and technical writing skills
- Highly analytical and problem solving skills
- Serious attention to detail
- Passion for quality and excellence
- Hard working, no excuses attitude
- Willingness to work in a team environment and take constructive advice