Job Code: #15461
Title: Senior Staff Systems Engineer
Job Location: Centennial, Colorado
Senior Staff Systems Engineer
My client is looking for several Senior Staff Systems Engineers for a 12-month contract position in the Denver area.
Here is the Job Description:
Senior Staff Systems Engineer
The Senior Staff Systems Engineer is responsible for the development and consistent application of systems engineering tools and processes to support ULA Major Development projects/programs. The position also has a key role in ensuring continuous improvement of these same tools and processes.
This position is required to lead Multidiscipline project teams to evaluate customer/operational needs and to develop and integrate system requirements. Leads Major Development systems engineering activities including:
- requirements development, integration, analysis, failure mode analysis, test methods, and operational process development)
- trade study development and management,
- risk, issue, and opportunity management,
- team and program execution planning) technical decision making,
- requirements verification activities,
- customer relationship communication,
- proposal support, and
- Gate Review preparation and execution. Responsible for identifying and applying appropriate scaling of systems engineering activities commensurate with the specific project needs.
This position requires knowledge or Systems Engineering and Integration processes and tools. Experience performing requirements development, integration, and verification management is required. Knowledge of existing and evolving launch system requirements desired. Experience leading multi-disciplinary teams to resolve technical and programmatic issues is required.
This position requires excellent written and oral communication proficiency in conjunction with organization skills necessary to maintain focus and achieve consensus within diverse multi-disciplined teams. Internal and external customer interface activities will require strong communication skills. The candidate should have demonstrated technical knowledge in areas that drive launch vehicle design such as aerospace structural analysis and design, propulsion analysis and design, electrical analysis and design, software development, and system analysis. The successful candidate will be a self-starter able to work autonomously, learn, tailor and execute processes, and perform in a collaborative environment.
- Bachelor or Master’s Degree in Engineering or applied mathematics
- 10-15 years of engineering and systems engineering experience.
- Experience working with existing and evolving launch systems requirements.
- Experience leading cross-functional learns in the performance of requirements analysis, development, integration, and verification : trade study management and risk management.
- Organization skills necessary to maintain focus and achieve consensus within diverse multi-disciplined teams
- Experience developing, implementing, and tailoring systems engineering processes
- Experience with Word, Excel, and Power Point to include the integration of charts for large presentations to the customer
- Ability to travel (10%)
- Experience and background with previous large-scale launch vehicle programs, including the Atlas and Delta families.
- Experience and background with significant launch system and component development and upgrades.
- Experience with developing human rating strategies and requirements, and knowledge of potential upgrades to enable human-rated launch systems.
This is HOT! The client wants to start engineers right away.
The rate is open.
Please send your resume, desired rate and the best time and way to reach you.
US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time. You must pass a background check and drug screen.
If you are not interested, please feel free to send this to anyone you feel would be qualified as I pay for referrals whether you work for me or not. Thanks for your help!
For immediate consideration please send your resume to: COjobs@pdsinc.com .