Job Code: #14426
Title: SharePoint Operations Engineer
Job Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
PDS has an immediate opening for a SharePoint Operations Engineer
Do you have a passion for IT operational excellence, scripting & automation? Are you a master at pushing beyond superficial limitations and gaining a more holistic view of technical environments? Do you lead regardless of title? Are you reliable and consistent in your planning, documentation, and follow-up?
Here is your opportunity.
Our client has Global intranet-related products and solutions that support the needs of employees worldwide. The End User Productivity (EUP) Intranet Services team provides global solutions tied to the SharePoint and Office 365 platforms for our client's employees throughout the world.
The SharePoint Operations Engineer within the Intranet Services team maintains the environments & infrastructure upon which these important solutions are built. The position requires sound knowledge of industry practices, policies and good judgment in selecting techniques for designing, implementing/installing, maintaining, and administering infrastructures including hardware, software, and various configurations of a diverse scope and scale. This individual will be a core team member, responsible for delivering projects and for mentoring. The Intranet Services team creates business solutions for customers across Client Departments using SharePoint & Office 365 as a platform. This role has a large responsibility in the implementation & operation of that platform. The successful candidate will implement solutions to business problems using Microsoft SharePoint and other web application technologies to increase efficiency and productivity across languages, countries, and cultures.
- Bachelor’s degree or an additional 2+ years of equivalent work experience; post graduate degrees and advanced certifications, valuable.
- 4+ years of experience in a global IT organization running operations for Microsoft SharePoint and/or Office 365 technologies.
- Solid understanding of SharePoint & Microsoft Cloud technologies including:
- Standard features such as workflows, lists & libraries, document management, & web parts
- Extensive experience with SharePoint 2010, 2013 & SharePoint Online
- Experience with: SQL Server, SSIS, F5 iRules, Azure AD, Azure/Office 365 APIs
- Proficiency in PowerShell – specifically SharePoint, Azure & O365 commandlets
- General understanding of networking, IIS, Active Directory, DNS & Windows Services
- Strong experience in Identity & Authentication in SharePoint & Office 365
- SharePoint development, including familiarity with SharePoint APIs is a plus
- Propensity for automation & process improvement
- Ability to follow & create excellent technical documentation
- Enthusiasm for learning and sharing knowledge
- Ability to communicate complex ideas in simple ways
- Ability to evangelize the use of SharePoint features to solve business needs
- Must be flexible to changing project assignments, requirements, deadlines, and projects
- Recognized and sought out by others as an expert in their area
- Accept responsibility & lead out in providing solutions
Business Knowledge/Skills (how SharePoint and Office 365 can be leveraged to solve business problems):
- Create and contribute to the Intranet Services solution strategy
- Manage & document server farms & environments
- Must be able to take creative approaches to solving challenging problems
- Must be able to learn new technologies with enthusiasm and a high degree of efficiency
- Must support and reinforce organizational culture, business objectives, and management/portfolio strategy throughout all work activities
- Must align to and follow standard processes to assure quality and consistency of work
- Drive adoption of patterns and processes that improve organizational efficiency
- Must have the ability to work on several projects at once
- Accept responsibility for additional technologies as assigned
Please contact our Recruiting Team for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org