Job Code: #15306
Title: Software Developer II
Job Location: Midvale, Utah
Software Developer II will work closely with a dynamic team of developers who all share a common goal in building highly reliable systems that can handle huge loads.
- Review and document existing application code
- Provide maintenance support and enhance performance to existing application code
- Perform new application development including initial design and evaluation for work load to give an estimated work duration.
- Code clean-up
- Automation of development tasks
- Interface with product owners for requirements gathering
- Define functional design for requirements implementation
- Write code and unit tests for each logic function
- Critical systems development
- Database structure definition
- Integration with legacy data & applications
- Provide support for test/production issues.
- Provide solutions for existing production performance issues.
- Perform other duties as required and assigned by manager and upper management.
- Follow legal policies as directed.
- Minimum 3 – 5 years of software development experience
- Strong Java SE or Java EE skills (preferably with Java version 1.8).
- Strong analytical skills.
- Proficiency in Object Oriented design and programming.
- Experience with Project Management tool and Version Control tool such as Maven, SVN and Git.
- Experience with Object Relational Mapping (ORM) tools such as Spring and Hibernate.
- Proficiency with IDE-based development, especially in Eclipse or IntelliJ.
- Experience with JMS queue, familiar with the usage for producers and consumers.
- Experience with Splunk for production trouble shooting and analysis.
- Proficiency building unit tests / integration tests using JUnit.
- Strong database experience, preferably with Oracle 10g or later.
- Strong sense of efficient and high performance for coding.
- Experience building web services, preferably using the REST style.
- Knowledge of data structures and algorithms
- Highly proficient in understanding new technologies accomplishing projects goals successfully. Exceptionally well organized, strong work ethics and willingness to work hard to achieve employer objectives.
- Team work and communication
- Strong Linux/Unix skills.
- Strong Java SE or Java EE.
- Experience with Spring and Hibernate.
- Experience with Maven, SVN/Git.
- Experience with JMS.
- Experience with Splunk
- Experience with Design pattern like Service Locator, Business Delegate, Data Transfer Object, Factory, Abstract Factory, Data Access Objects, Decorator, Singleton
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering or similar technical field or equivalent work experience
This position requires the incumbent to sit, stand and perform general office functions. The incumbent may also be required to lift up to 25 pounds occasionally. Bending, stooping and reaching are also frequently required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and associates. This policy includes our commitment to ensure that all employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, pregnancy, veteran status (including Vietnam era veterans), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other non-job-related characteristic protected by law.