Job Code: #12053
Title: Software Packager
Job Location: Fort Worth, Texas
My client is seeking a Software Packager. You must be a U.S. Citizen and have an active Government Clearance. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time.
The Software Packager will under general supervision, creates software deployment packages and updates for COTS and custom applications in an enterprise environment, utilizing such tools as Fexera Admin Studio, Install Shield and Wise Package Studio. Works on moderately complex applications. Confers with hardware and software vendors to determine solutions. Develops and execute test plans prior to software deployment. Maintains documentation of all customizations and changes made during the packaging process. Presents materials and presentations relating to software packages to end users and management.
Works closely with a variety of customers including; Infrastructure technical resources, Application technical resources, end users, vendor sales/infrastructure professionals.
- Security Clearance: Secret
- Work with different hardware and software vendors to determine solutions
- Create software deployment and update packages for COTS and custom applications in an enterprise environment
- Develop, maintain and deploy secure web browser packages using a variety of web browsers including; Internet Explorer, FireFox and Chrome in a Windows environment.
- Diagnose and resolve technical problems
- Communicate technical problems and proposed solutions and/or options for solutions fluently to management
- Develop and execute test plans for software development
- Develop and maintain accurate and comprehensive IT documentation
- Document all customizations and changes made during the packaging process
- Present software packaging materials to end users and management
- Coordinate and facilitate cooperation from multiple areas within IT to accomplish assignments
- Work independent, and/or within a team environment, to accomplish assignments
- Additional Duties as required
Education/Certifications: One year related experience may be substituted for one year of education, if degree is required.
Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field and 2+ years of experience, or 6+ years of relevant experience.
Minimum of 2 years recent experience packaging applications and application updates using Fexera Admin Studio, Install Shield, or Wise Installer/Packaging Studio. Solid understanding of Networking in a TCP/IP WAN environment is a plus. Experience or knowledge of Power Shell and/or VB Scripting. Experience with remote access tools, including RDP, NetMeeting and Windows Desktop Sharing.
- Process development and execution
- Thorough understanding of application installation on a Microsoft Windows platform
- Strong analytical and execution skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of Active Directory and/or Microsoft Registry and ability to query or modify settings
- Knowledge of MS Windows Server and desktop Operating Systems
- Experience with App-V or Vitalizing applications
- Strong development experience, especially scripting and packaging
- Experience working in a large enterprise environment and networks
For immediate consideration, please send your resume to email@example.com.
When submitting your resume, please include the best way and time to reach you and the salary/rate that you desire.
This position can be located at any of the below locations:
|Los Angeles||CA||New Orleans||LA||Omaha||NE||Nashville||TN|
|Jacksonville||FL||St. Paul||MN||New York||NY||Norfolk||VA|
|Honolulu||HI||St. Louis||MO||Portland||OR||Walla Walla||WA|
We are also looking to fill the positions listed below. They are also available in any of the locations listed above.
|Application Programmer II||Network Security/Information Assurance Engineer II||Systems Operator|
|CNDSP Incident Analyst III||Network Security/Information Assurance Engineer III||Technical Proposal Lead Engineer|
|Database Administrator II||SharePoint Developer||Testing Service Coordinator|
|Database Administrator III||Software Engineer I||UNIX Systems Administrator II|
|Network Architect||Software Packager||VDI Administrator|
|Network Engineer I||Storage Engineer I||VDI Engineer|
|Network Engineer II||Systems Administrator I||VoIP Engineer II|
|Network Security/Information Assurance Engineer I||Systems Engineer I||VoIP Engineer III|