Job Code: #14410
Title: .NET/Java Developer – 3527
Job Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Sr. Java Developer (Programmer III)
Our client has an immediate opening for a Senior Java Developer in Phoenix, AZ .
Sr. Java Developer
Performs programming and maintenance on various programs and systems based on customer business requirements. Programmer II and Programmer III roles may be combined with SCRUM development responsibilities.
- Participate or lead large projects.
- Independently maintain and develop complex systems and programs.
- In cooperation with Lead Programmer, mentor and review work for levels 1 and 2.
- Maintain an extensive knowledge of new developments in programming and healthcare-related topics.
- Plan, lead, and implement large-scale or cross-functional projects using sound project management methodology.
- Work with Management to prepare Requests for Proposals (RFPs) for software systems
- Assist in implementing new procedures, including workflows, manuals, and training materials.
- Coordinate and develop training materials for Programmers.
- Participate in technology planning
- Participate in the project prioritization process.
- Train new staff in the use, understanding, and configuration of the files, terms, and methods used in programming.
Levels 2 and 3 may assume SCRUM responsibilities on an interim or project basis. These functions are in addition to those outlined in Level 2 or Level 3.
- Act as SCRUM master for 1-2 SCRUM teams with a focus on guiding the teams towards process improvement.
- Participate in project teams as necessary.
- Facilitate sprint planning, retrospective and sprint demos.
- Assist product owner with management of backlog.
- Ensure cross-team coordination.
- Maintain relevant metrics that help the team monitor performance.
- Liaise between developers and User Experience/Visual Designers. Foster communication between the disciplines.
- Each progressive level includes the ability to perform the essential functions of any lower levels and mentor employees in those levels.
- The position requires a full-time work schedule. Full-time is defined as working at least 40 hours per week, plus any additional hours, including evening and weekend hours, as requested or as needed to meet business requirements.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Experience in computer / information technology
Experience in programming, query design, and database development
Experience in project management
- Knowledge of query design and ad-hoc report creation tools.
- Mathematics analysis and inductive reasoning skills.
- Programming languages and coding ability sufficient to meet the requirements at each level of responsibility, as defined in departmental documentation.
- Knowledge of object-oriented analysis and design, structured programming, data mapping, and testing.
- Strong analytical skills to support independent and effective decisions.
- Perseverance in the face of resistance or setbacks.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work with multiple priorities, sometimes under limited time constraints.
- Effective interpersonal skills and ability to maintain positive working relationship with others.
For immediate consideration please send your resume to: email@example.com
If you’re interested in and a strong fit for the above opportunity please provide your answers to the following questions:
1) Are you local (AZ)?
2) Are you currently working?
3) What is your availability to interview? How soon could you start if you were offered this position?
4) Are you a US Citizen? What is your citizenship status?
5) Do you have any upcoming vacations?
6) What are your annual salary requirements? What are your hourly wage requirements?
7) Are you seeking a contract, contract to hire, direct hire or are you open to all?
8) Phone number to reach you quickly for interview scheduling?
9) Are you currently interviewing? Do you have any other offers?
US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. You must pass a background check and drug screen.
We look forward to working with you!
Your PDS Team
Productive Data Solutions, Inc.