Job Code: #8628
Title: Sr. Java Developer
Job Location: Provo, Utah
PDS has an outstanding opportunity for a Sr. Java Developer
This position is with an outstanding, growing company in Utah County.
We are looking for an experienced Java SOFTWARE ENGINEER with 3+ years of experience in the industry building web sites and applications with object oriented languages.
Key Responsibilities / Performance Requirements:
This position will create and modify code that supports a number of services, processes, web sites, and SQL Server database operations that support the Ancestry.com web sites. This individual needs to have solid Java experience.
- Bachelor?s degree in Computer Science (or equivalent degree/experience)
- Prior programming experience with Object Oriented Languages (Java, C#, C++)
- Proficiency in SQL, database schema design and implementation (tables, queries, triggers, views, and stored procedures). Experience with MS SQL Server a plus.
- Familiarity with Web Services and Service Oriented Architecture.
- Familiarity with Java Tools and the Java Runtime Environment
- Understanding of software development processes, including object oriented analysis, design and implementation
- Familiarity with Microsoft Tools a plus
- Good communication skills that can deal with diverse types of people from Product Management, Marketing, and Testing groups
- Ability to work with a small dedicated team of software developers
- Needs to be able to consistently write unit tests for all code developed
- A self-starter willing to learn
- Must be analytical and adept to problem solving and have a strong attention to detail
- Needs to be able to provide clear documentation of code and processes