Job Code: #13898
Title: Sr. Software Development Engineer
Job Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
PDS has an immediate opening for a Sr. Software Development Engineer:
The Sr. Software Development Engineer is on tasks and assignments from a Solution Manager, or tasks that he/she creates. This position requires vast knowledge of industry practices, our client's policies and good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for designing, defining, developing, testing, purchasing, implementing, and analyzing of technical products and systems of diverse scope. He/she recommends system purchases for projects up to millions of dollars of value. He/she also helps in setting overall technical direction for a team. This position is expected to provide technical excellence in architecture, design, implementation, and ongoing engineering support of the client’s technology applications.
This is a contract position, with an opportunity to be a full-time employee of PDS while on contract.
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field (Masters of Science preferred).
- Generally 8 to 10 years relevant experience.
- Must have worked through the first and subsequent releases of several (3+) successful products, and at least one of which must be a large-scale enterprise application.
- Must be able to create, communicate, and direct work toward accomplishing an overall technical vision.
- Must be able to direct the work in defining logic and algorithms to create programming solutions and designing modules and implementing them within the overall architecture.
- Must have a significant engineering experience (multiple major releases) in the primary areas of an n-tier enterprise system, e.g. interface, domain logic and database layers.
- Must have expert-level skills in engineering/programming, analytical/diagnostic/troubleshooting, web technology, and programming methodology.
- Must be able to architect entire systems and subsystems.
- Must be able to operate a computer. Must be able to communicate clearly.
25% – Working with team in the establishment of architectures, standards, and best- practices
15 % – As a member of a software engineering team participating in team meetings, team planning sessions, setting team goals, and all other team activities
10 % – Estimating the time to develop and deliver features as defined by product management
10 % – Participating in peer reviews of project software design and coding
40 % – Working on development and quality of committed software features
Please contact our Recruiting Team for more information: email@example.com