Job Code: #11609
Title: Sr. Software Engineer
Job Location: South Jordan, Utah
PDS is looking for a Sr. Software Engineer. This opportunity is with an outstanding, innovative company in the South Valley area.
You will work on the design and development of software applications and reusable software components deployed in our client's product suite, fostering high performing technical teams which include senior developers, offshore development team members, business owners, and project management.
- Design and develop high quality software modules for our client's product suite.
- Collaborate closely with offshore development team to provide technical translation of business requirements and ensure software construction adheres to client's best practices coding techniques.
- Analyze requirements and specifications and create detailed designs for implementation.
- Analyze and resolve software related issues originated from internal or external customers.
- Continuously update professional knowledge of new technologies as selected and integrated into the client's product suite.
- Execute all appropriate facets of the client's Software Development Lifecycle with a desire for continuous improvement.
- BS degree in Computer Science or technically related discipline
- 7+ years of relevant development experience with enterprise applications and strong skills and knowledge of C#
- Understanding of prevalent Software Development Lifecycle Methodologies with specific exposure in Agile Scrum techniques is required.
- Deep understanding of OOP Design
- Ability to execute project deliverables in a dynamic, fast paced environment within estimated timelines
- Previous experience working with Java in a Linux/UNIX environment, preferred
- Experience working with a legacy code base
- Experience with Continuous Integration and automated unit and integration tests.
- The technologies the candidate should be familiar with coming into this position are:
- Visual Studio
- Windows Forms
- SQL Server
- Version control systems such as SVN, TFS, or Git
- High level of work ethic and dedication
- Self-motivated with a drive to meet professional goals.
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong problem solving, organizational, and troubleshooting skills