Job Code: #11706
Title: Sr. Software Engineer I w/Clearance
Job Location: Garland, Texas
My Client is looking for a Sr. Software Engineer I w/Clearance. This is a 6-month position located in Garland, TX.
The Sr. Software Engineer will perform Software Configuration Management (SW CM) tasking to include use of SW CM tools for configuration identification, configuration control, configuration status accounting, configuration verification and audits, product release and delivery, and preparing and executing software compiles builds and deployments. Identify problems and provide solutions to a variety of CM technical problems. Job requires travel to customer sites for product installation.
Everyday responsibilities range from establishing and maintaining the program's CM systems, including the program's document and software libraries, developing scripts to supporting software build cycles, providing CM support to development team and Programs Management, developing, improving and training the program CM processes and interfacing with other engineering disciplines to provide solutions to a variety of technical problems.
The Software Engineer must have the ability to develop and maintain SW CM tools using such languages as: Perl, shell scripting, C++ and Java. Awareness of ISO or CMMI CM standards. Ability to communicate CM status to CM Management and Program Management. Experience with Solaris OS, ClearCase administration for a Windows or Unix platform, process development/improvement and work independently while able to support team goals and communicate program activities.
- 4+ years of experience administering Rational ClearCase and ClearQuest.
- Including Trigger support and ClearQuest Schema administration Experience providing Software Configuration Management in support of an agile development environment is required.
- Bachelors of Science degree in Computer Science or a related science or engineering field.
- Minimum 4 years of experience with software configuration management with the ability to perform build management (compiling, linking), release management (capturing and installing software baselines)
- Minimum of 4 years of experience with: Make, Apache, Jenkins Perl, shell scripting, C++ or Java Strongly Preferred Experience with the Atlassian tool suite (GIT, BAMBOO, JIRA)
This position requires great attention to detail with respect to managing software development environments and program libraries, understanding of software processes and strong presentation skills.
For immediate consideration, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
When submitting your resume, please include the best way and time to reach you and the salary/rate that you desire.