Job Code: #14551
Title: Sr. Software Engineer – Java
Job Location: American Fork, Utah
PDS is looking for a Senior Software Engineer with Java.
Job Description Summary
This position is responsible for performing moderate programming tasks for the maintenance and enhancement of a new or existing product. Leverage a basic understanding of the business domain and existing frameworks for the success of development projects.
- Design and code moderately complex solutions that meet business requirements on schedule and within budget
- Mentor more junior software engineers in regard to best practices of a specific programming language with a basic ability to explain technical concepts in written and verbal forms
- Establish a high level of code quality by writing unit tests, participating in code reviews, reducing cyclomatic complexity, removing code duplication, and debugging software modules
- Assist user documentation and technical support by assembling and providing concise and accurate information in regard to software functionality
- Implement code that follows established standards and demonstrates a basic understanding of user interface design patterns, database management systems, database design, database access, memory management, modeling, security, refactoring, concurrency, networking, services, and data warehousing
- Implement code that demonstrates a good understanding of object oriented design, design patterns, test automation, continuous integration/deployment, and versioning
- Provide task decomposition, documentation and estimates in accordance with a basic understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle
- Create or modify user interfaces by leveraging a basic understanding of user experience design
- Attend all meetings necessary for the seamless delivery of the product as part of the Software Development Life Cycle
Advanced intermediate level professional role. Good judgment and sound analytical ability required to perform tasks. Know and apply the fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures of a particular field. Apply company policies and procedures to resolve a variety of routine and complex issues.
Work on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors. Demonstrate good judgment within defined procedures and practices for obtaining solutions. Build productive internal/external working relationships.
Normally receive little instruction on day-to-day work, general instruction on new assignments. Assignments can be broad in nature
Typically 3 to 5 or more years of increasing responsibility in terms of any applicable professional experience.
Bachelor's Degree or global equivalent in related discipline.
GENERAL SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
- Professional skills with an understanding of industry practices and company policies and procedures
- General proficiency with tools, systems, and procedures
- Good planning/ organizational skills and techniques
- Very good analysis and problem solving skills
- Good writing and communication skills
- Self -starter in creating issue resolution
- Excellent decision making skills
- Very good interpersonal skills
- Exercise judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action
- Direction from management is needed on some complex issues
- Developing professional credibility
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Ability to derive and design technical specifications from detailed product requirements
- Good knowledge of application design patterns
- Good ability to remain current on new technology within the software industry
- Advanced ability to implement code derived from technical specifications
- Good ability to problem solve/diagnose in a technical space
- Basic technical knowledge of broad business areas
- Recent professional experience with and a good knowledge of the java programming language
- Experience with Test Driven Development is a plus
- SQL experience is a plus
- Enterprise Java experience, especially Spring/Spring Boot, is a plus
- Ability to keep skills current with changing industry demands as identified by the department training site
Please contact our recruiting team for more information: email@example.com