Job Code: #14237
Title: Sr. Sofware Engineer
Job Location: South Jordan, Utah
PDS has an immediate opening for a Principle Engineer
Our client is a leading provider of risk and asset management software and services to the automotive and property marketplace, including the global P&C insurance industry.
As a member of our software engineering team, the Senior Software Engineer will implement and maintain automotive software systems in accordance with established standards and processes. Actively participate in the design, development and implementation of new and existing systems and features while delivering high quality solutions on time and within budget. A strong background in developing both web based and client server solutions is required.
Focused on creating software for improving automotive purchases and repairs, this group is focusing on Mobile Productivity application that has been successful in the marketplace for years and is adding more cool new features and services for the dealership and repair shop clients. Great time to join the team with new generation software being created!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Full-stack software developer background
- Architectural experience
- Can jump into any role in the software development lifecycle, including but not limited to backend, frontend, architecture, devops, and QA
- Technical leader, comfortable switching between management and hands-on modes
- Deep understanding of the entire software development lifecycle
- Strong experience with .NET stack
- Strong experience with web application development
- Strong experience with microservice design
- Strong experience with modern development/devops/deployment toolchains
EDUCATION, SKILLS and EXPERIENCE
- Minimum ten (10) years of experience in Microsoft technologies including ASP.Net, and C#.Net
- 5 years professional experience using service oriented architectures including REST services, web services, design patterns such as MVVM and MVC34, WebAPI, and windows frameworks such as WPF, WCF, Windows Service and EntityFramwork.
- 5 years of professional experience in database design and development, preferably MS SQL, SSIS, ETL
- 5 plus years developing external facing web sites used in ecommerce.
- Experience with eBay API or DevOps tools like TeamCityOctopus is a strong plus.
- Strong working knowledge of Scrum and Agile methodology.
- Requires practical understanding of continuous integration (CI) process and best practices.
- Ability to effectively communicate with others at all levels of the company both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to accurately establish the length and difficulty of tasks and projects and set reasonable objectives, anticipate and adjust for problems/roadblocks and measure results against goals.
- Ability to perform and orchestrate multiple activities simultaneously.
- Ability to perform special assignments as requested.
- Ability to coordinate the software development life cycle processes with cost perspective.
BENEFITS WE OFFER:
- Best snacks in the valley
- 10 days of vacation pay and 5 days of sick pay per year
- 8 Paid holidays + 3 paid floating holidays
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Unlimited sick time
- 401k retirement plan with a company match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Gym reimbursement
Please contact our Recruiting Team for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org