Applies intensive and diversified knowledge of design principles, practices and implementation in complex systems and assignments. General responsibilities include test design generation, participating in design reviews, development and testing to assess performance against design specification; reliability testing, and assessment of system interactions. Makes independent decisions. Assist in the troubleshooting of issues to determine root cause and possible engineering solutions.
– Practices, mentors and develops company concepts, policies and procedures, familiar with and follows standard practices.
– Applies functional expertise at a level to make significant company contributions.
– Project goals are broadly defined; defines project milestones; responsible for timely project completion.
– Makes major contributions to strategic directions and projects through knowledge of technology and its creative applications.
– Drives activities for publication and/or patent potential.
– Conceives, plans, and executes projects related to the strategic needs of the company.
– Designs and executes experiments to test hypothesis related project outcomes; extracts the full relevance of technical observations.
– Applies advanced technical knowledge to multi-disciplinary projects.
– Assures experimental quality through sound experimental design; utilizes DOE; assists in the design of experiments for others.
– Participates or leads cross functional technical teams.
– Develops and maintains internal and external contacts to maintain technical knowledge.
– Trains others using a variety of methods on the theoretical and practical basis of techniques, processes and products.
– Participates or leads in project planning, process updates and contributes to experimental design.
– Presents results of projects both internally and externally.
– Reviews and critiques presentation for others; presents complex technical data to large and diverse groups.
– Monitors work to ensure quality, and continuously promote Quality First Time.