Job Code: #14570
Title: Systems Administrator
Job Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Our client has an immediate opening for a Systems Administrator in Phoenix, AZ .
As a Senior System Administrator, you will play a crucial role in maintaining and extending the client’s corporate backend infrastructure. Configuring and installing enterprise applications is second nature to you. More importantly, you can take the most complex problems and automate them to save us time and include monitoring to ensure performance and high availability.
You will use your extensive technical and organizational skills to evaluate our infrastructure and fill in the necessary gaps. Above all, you will be responsible for uptime and performance of our corporate infrastructure. You will work closely with other team members in Operations on projects that will safeguard client’s corporate environment.
There will be plenty of opportunity to learn and grow as you will drive and own all aspects of the projects. Additionally, junior members of the IT team will ask you for your technical expertise and you will be happy to mentor them. However, you also have the experience and customer service skills to help our users if they ask for support.
- Manage and monitor all installed systems and infrastructure
- Install, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
- Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with developers to implement those fixes
- Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies
- Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks
- Participate in the design of information and operational support systems
- Provide 2nd and 3rd level support
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
- Scope, design, implement and troubleshoot core networking infrastructure
- Maintain current document and change management programs related to systems, infrastructure, and applications
- Provide guidance to junior administrators
- Own your 24/7 support shifts and provide solutions to minimize the need for them.
- BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject with 3+ years of experience, or 8+ years of related job experience without a degree
- Proven working experience in installing, configuring and troubleshooting Linux based environments.
- Proven working experience in maintaining Windows Servers and Workstations in an Active Directory Domain where domain membership includes Linux Systems
- Solid experience in the administration and performance tuning of application stacks (e.g.,Tomcat, NGINX, Java, MySQL)
- Experience with both data centers and AWS (primarily EC2 and S3) is preferred.
- Experience with VMWare.Experience with monitoring systems
- Solid scripting skills (e.g., shell scripts, Perl, Ruby, Python)
- Solid networking knowledge with Cisco, Dell, and SonicWall networking and security appliances and technologies
- Experience with automation and configuration management technologies
- Recommended Certifications:
- Network+ or CCNA
For immediate consideration please send your resume to: email@example.com
If you’re interested in and a strong fit for the above opportunity please provide your answers to the following questions:
1) Are you local (AZ)?
2) Are you currently working?
3) What is your availability to interview? How soon could you start if you were offered this position?
4) Are you a US Citizen? What is your citizenship status?
5) Do you have any upcoming vacations?
6) What are your annual salary requirements? What are your hourly wage requirements?
7) Are you seeking a contract, contract to hire, direct hire or are you open to all?
8) Phone number to reach you quickly for interview scheduling?
9) Are you currently interviewing? Do you have any other offers?
US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. You must pass a background check and drug screen.
We look forward to working with you!
Your PDS Team
Productive Data Solutions, Inc.