Job Code: #15108
Title: Systems Engineer
Job Location: ,
- Primary Skill Required: Server Management (Windows/Linux) Analyzes, develops, modifies, installs, tests and maintains moderately complex Operating Systems, Transactions Managers (CICS, IMS) or Middleware software within their operating domain and simple inter-domain requirements.
- Second Skill Required: Fundamental TCP/IP skills as they apply to server troubleshooting, configuration and best practices.
- Third Skill Required: Customer service skills in dealing with server and app owners to design, build, configure and troubleshoot. Able to present solutions to server and app owners as well as to management as needed.
II. DESCRIPTION OF SERVICES/DELIVERABLES
A. Services Description:
– Review and influence ongoing design, architecture, standards and methods for Operating Systems, Transactions Managers or Middleware installation.
– Participate in capacity planning and demand forecasting, software performance analysis and system tuning.
– Participate in Systems Life Cycle Management through monitoring, measuring, maintaining Operating Systems, Transactions Managers, Enterprise Applications and Middleware software.
– Adhere to Change Management, Incident Management, Configuration Management policies and procedures.
– Manage and scale systems to meet business demands by providing a stable secure infrastructure
– Evaluates vendor supplied system software packages and make recommendations to IT management.
– Responsible for complying with all Company Information Services policies and standards.
– Responsible for ensuring appropriate security and privacy measures are implemented on technology solutions to protect Company data from intentional or accidental misuse.
Individuals in this position have deep technical skills within a single domain and some breadth of knowledge across domains. They typically perform moderately complex systems activities independently within a single domain, but are occasionally inter-domain. In order to build a balanced organization with complementary skills, positions in this job family vary in the depth of technical skills and the breadth of knowledge, skills and competencies beyond one technology domain.
B. Deliverables Description (if applicable):
– 2-3 Years Professional experience or relevant work experience.
– Technical Knowledge: Strong understanding of assigned technologies with a focus on analysis, development, modification, installation, testing, maintenance, and documentation.
– Leadership and Authority: Gains authority through trust and respect and sets an example for coworkers; and delegates authority and tasks, and empowers subordinates to make decisions
– Communication: Communicates moderately complex technical concepts to technical audiences and area management and with business and I/S customers as needed to solve problems and install and test moderately complex technical components.
– Negotiation: Obtains agreement or consensus from multiple parties; earns trust and seek win-win solutions; participates in vendor contract negotiations; and manages infrastructure expectations.
– Coaching and Mentoring: Coaches and mentors peers and subordinates
– Planning and Perspective: Performs operational and tactical planning. Use Division, Area, and Team goals and objectives to prioritize work and guide actions.
– Policies, Process and Procedures: Acts in accordance with established guidelines and follows processes and procedures.
– Teamwork: Works with peers, subordinates, Area management, and business customers to build positive relationships and maintain constructive working relationships.
– Initiative: Undertakes activities on their own; communicates status appropriately; anticipates subsequent activities and projects; keeps informed of technology and industry trends and learns and applies new skills and technologies.
– Creativity and Innovation: Sees the bigger picture and articulates multiple solutions to technical problems
– Decisiveness: Makes good technical and operational decisions and shows accountability for those decisions.
– Flexibility: Effectively deals with ambiguity, unexpected events, and changing business, application, and infrastructure requirements; juggles multiple activities, projects, and initiatives simultaneously; and manages technical, political, and organizational fluctuations.
– Operational Excellence: Pursues and encourages Operational Excellence in all endeavors, leading and striving on a routine basis through identification and implementation of continuous process improvements.
– Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field and/or 3-5 years equivalent experience in IT systems/support engineering.
Requires a strong technical understanding of Operating Systems, Transactions Managers or Middleware Software, with a focus on analysis, development, modification, installation, testing, maintenance, and documentation of moderately complex Operating Systems upgrades or Middleware installations, as well as the ability to diagnose, isolate, and debug moderately complex Operating System, Transaction Managers or Middleware software problems.