Job Code: #10945
Title: Test Engineer (Journeyman)
Job Location: Aberdeen, Maryland
My client is looking for a Test Engineer (Journeyman). This is a permanent position which offers competitive salary, medical benefits and a 401K plan.
The Test Engineer (Journeyman) must be able to interact with software developers and participate in the testing of software and system functionality. Candidate must be able to understand test strategies and test plans. Candidate must be able to write and test cases for new functionality and perform integration regression testing to verify/validate incorporated fixes to software, components, subsystems and systems. Candidate must be able to performs analysis of test results and writes discrepancy reports.
The Test Engineer (Journeyman) will be responsible for defining, documenting, analyzing, performing, and interpreting developmental tests for new and/or modified products or product components of Defense Readiness Reporting System – Army (DRRS-A) software solutions and COTS/GOTS/FOSS products.
- Knowledge or familiarity with the testing of Web Services
- Experience with design test plans, test strategies, test scenarios, test cases and test scripts are highly desired.
- Experience with Army, C2, and DRRS-A
- Detail-oriented, ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal, highly motivated individual with solid verbal/written communications skills that enable the ability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment
- Must have 2-3 years of experience in testing various applications in Java, J2EE, Web Logic, Oracle, SQL Server
- Must have 2-3 years of experience using Clearquest, Jira, and SQL developer software.
- Candidate should be able to write ORACLE SQL queries
- Should have a working knowledge of programming languages, and relational database systems, including SQL query development
- Must have solid Windows trouble shooting skill
- Experience with participation in the development, maintenance and refinement of internal quality control and reliability programs
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electronics, Engineering or any other Scientific or Technical discipline is required.
Required Clearance: Secret