Job Code: #15308
Title: Thermodynamics Engineer – Fluids
Job Location: ,
My client is looking for Thermodynamics Engineers for rockets. These are contract positions. Location is the Denver Tech Center.
This is for rockets. Rocket or missile experience is a plus.
Here is the job description:
Performs thermal and/or fluids analysis at both the detailed component level and at the systems level. Thermal analyses are performed to verify designs will operate within prescribed temperature limitations, and to prescribe thermal protection systems when needed. Fluids analyses are performed to define fluid states and conditions during system operations to verify adherence to requirements, and develops and verifies flight software parameters to control vehicle fluid systems. Develops specialized analytical tools as required to perform these functions. Develops procedures and plans for thermodynamic test programs when existing analytical capabilities are insufficient. Resolves issues related to thermodynamics that arise due to operational use in the field.
- Bachelors Degree in Mechanical, Chemical, Aerospace or associated field of Engineering
- 10 years demonstrated ability to perform system-level thermodynamic and fluid mechanic analyses.
- Capability to interpret system-level requirements, perform analysis to verify that those requirements are met, and document the verification results.
- Ability to build analysis models and tools based on program needs.
- Candidate must have the ability to quickly understand and become proficient with various analysis tools and associated computer programs.
- Experience with multiple software tools is desirable including ability to use Applied Flow Technology (AFT) suite of products, Matlab, Sind/FLUINT, and GFSSP
- Demonstrated proficiency applying analysis results to hardware solutions is desirable
- Ability to support test activities, including requirements definition, test planning, test, and test reporting is preferred
- Experience with aerospace, and specifically space system, work is desirable including knowledge of cryogenic propulsion systems.
- Risk management experience, including any human spaceflight experience, is desirable Works well in team environments and with minimum supervision
The location is the Denver area.
The rate is open. The duration is 11+ months.
US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time. You must pass a background check and drug screen.
If you are interested in this position, please send me your current resume, desired rate, and the best time and way to reach you.
For immediate consideration please send your resume to: email@example.com.
If you are not interested, please feel free to send this to anyone you feel would be qualified as I pay for referrals whether you work for me or not. Thanks for your help!