Job Code: #13322
Title: UX Designer
Job Location: Riverton, Utah
PDS has an immediate need for a UX Designer.
The designer may work with a variety of software development teams. The role of the user experience designer is complementary to and synergistic with the role of the business and functional analysts. The designer also takes on design tasks across multiple projects.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in design, CS, MIS, or related field
- Typically has 5-7 years of professional experience
- Working knowledge of HTML, CSS, Photoshop, and Adobe Design
- Working knowledge and application of 2-4 of the following competencies:
- Information Architecture
- Interaction Design
- Usability Engineering
- Visual Design
- Prototype Engineering
- Under supervision, performs task-level work that is varied and requires some complex design competencies.
- Creativity, originality or ingenuity is required
- Exceptional communication skills in interactions with clients, end users, developers, and others throughout the design process.
- Exceptional ability to create and share a vision
- Exceptional ability to build and maintain relationships
- Exceptional ability to persuade and teach without manipulation
- Exceptional ability to resolve conflict and disparate opinions
- Exceptional ability to view problems from a holistic viewpoint and accurately pinpoint their root cause
- Exceptional ability to research and understand a customer's needs, problems, and potential design constraints
- Exceptional ability to instruct others about design principles, patterns, and processes
The Interaction Designer is an assigned member of a Project Team within a portfolio and is accountable for the following activities:
- Encourages a culture of user-centered design and knowledge sharing
- Communicate visually through drawings, diagrams, wireframes, prototypes, flow charts, etc.?
- Participates in user testing and validation
- Support for design activities as needed
- * please contact our Recruiting Team for more details: firstname.lastname@example.org