Job Code: #10773
Title: Virtualization Engineer Manager
Job Location: WVC, Utah
Intel Virtualization Engineering Manager
Directly manages the Intel Hardware and Virtualization Engineering team.
- Overall responsibility for engineering standards, support, implementation, contract and vendor management of the VMware environment which includes HP servers and VMware virtual machines.
- Approves and modifies the VMware environment design and architecture to ensure compliance as well as ensures capacity planning is performed.
- Assesses and makes recommendations for improvement.
- Responsible for the overall configuration and maintenance of VMware environment.
- Monitors server performance; ensures capacity planning is performed and is proactive in assessing and making recommendations for improvement. Ensures reliability, scalability and availability of the VMware environment.
- Responsible to conduct research into server issues and products as required.
- Responsible for the overall effectiveness and efficiency of the operations of the Hardware and Virtualization engineering group to ensure customer satisfaction. Has ownership and accountability for tasks and projects.
- Provides direction to staff members in resolving problems.
- Meets with customers to determine needs, solicit feedback on service levels and implement solutions to address issues.
- Responsible for the development of standards and recommends changes as appropriate. Keeps abreast of current industry trends.
- Responsible to hire, fire, and performance management of staff members.
- Performs other duties or assists with special projects as necessary or assigned.
- Requires a Bachelor's degree preferably in Computer Science, Information Technology or a related field and 8+ years experience in server infrastructure and supporting enterprise level environments in large, corporate environments.
- Management experience with related multiple disciplines.
- General knowledge of business and business practices.
- Supervisory or Management and Project management experience required.
- A combination of education and experience may meet requirements.
- Requires an in-depth knowledge of HP infrastructure and support of enterprise level environments.
- Advanced technical knowledge in the areas of VMware, Microsoft server, and HP servers.
- Excellent working knowledge of multiple related disciplines.
- Technical ability to be hands on when determining technical strategy or solutions. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written. Ability to interface effectively with business and technical teams.
- Excellent organizational, time management, and judgment skills.
- Proven ability to make sound decisions.
- Strong attention to detail. Ability to set goals and maintain high quality work standards.
- Ability to measure and monitor metrics and demonstrate continuous improvement. Ability to identify, analyze, and resolve issues. Ability to meet deadlines, schedules, and budgeted costs.