Job Code: #14967
Title: Voice Operations Engineer
Job Location: ,
PDS has an immediate opening for a Voice Operations Engineer:
The engineer will be coordinating with Sr. Voice Operations Engineering, but with minimal supervision. This person is responsible for planning, executing, monitoring, and reporting ongoing maintenance and operations for our client's voice and video communications infrastructure. The highly available voice and video systems are in over 150 locations around the world, so a global operational mindset is required.
This position will be an escalation resource for Level 3 Support Engineering and, as such, needs to be able to communicate well both verbally and in writing. A professional demeanor is required at all times but is especially important during urgent circumstances.
While this position is largely based near Riverton, Utah, occasional global travel (10% or less) is anticipated. The ability to reliably respond during system outages when on-call at any time of the night or day is required given the global nature of the support model.
- Bachelor's degree or related field or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM “Call Manager”) hardware (appliance and virtual) and software technologies with 5+ years of direct industry experience
- Knowledge and experience with CUCM cluster maintenance and upgrades
- Knowledge and experience with international carrier provisioning (T1/E1/PRI/SIP)
- Knowledge and experience with CUCM voice gateway and expressway maintenance and upgrades
- Knowledge and experience with Cisco IP Phone deployment in both locally and remotely managed environments
- Ability to professionally and diplomatically coordinate both local and international resources to complete system management tasks and upgrades
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely while adhering to reporting and documentation processes and standards
- Familiarity with global dial plan design and hosted infrastructure desired
- Familiarity with Cisco video endpoints (codecs) with experience in deployment and management of these endpoints desired
- Work closely with Communications Design, Operations, and Implementation Engineers to ensure availability, capacity, configuration, and change management standards are understood and implemented
- Responsibility for many systems that require 24×7 uptime and after hours support as needed
- Ensure solutions leverage industry best practices, meet internal standards, and are designed for performance, reliability, scalability, security, maintainability, supportability, business continuity, and business agility
- Ensure cohesive integration of technologies and solutions
- Able to take direction from management and senior peers
- Ensure design, change control, and support documentation is created and maintained