Case Study Type: Outsourced project-based services and software solution
Project Scope: PDS performed full project life cycle including analysis, design, development, testing, implementation, maintenance, and production support and sustainment using an iterative agile-based methodology.
I-Suite/e-ISuite – a browser-based incident management and tracking application used for emergency and incident response and management for natural disasters and homeland security incidences across the U.S. developed for U. S. Dept of Agriculture (USDA), Forest Service sponsored by National Wildfire Coordination Group (NWCG), the application captures and manages incident date including resource check-in/demobilization, resource scheduling, time, cost, injury/illness, and supply inventory and tracking. The application is being used by the US Forest Service at all forest fires across the U.S. and was deployed by the Department of Homeland Security and Federal Emergency Management Agency at “911” World Trade Center and Pentagon tragedies, Hurricane Katrina, and recent BP Gulf Oil Spill.
Client(s) and User Count:
- U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service
- U.S. Department of the Interior, Bureau of Land Management
- U.S. Department of the Interior, National Parks Service
o Bureau of Indian Affairs/Department of Natural Resources/All U.S. states
o 20-40 per incident/instance/500+ concurrent enterprise users
- I-Suite is currently being redesigned and developed from client-server into the e-Isuite browser-based application architecture.
Award(s) & Recognition:
- Used by the US Forest Service at all forest fires across the U.S.
- Used at 911 World Trade Center and Pentagon tragedies, Hurricane Katrina, and recent BP Gulf Oil Spill.
- Passed A-123 Audit based upon the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) Circular No. A-123, Management’s Responsibility for Internal Control.
- Visual Basic 6 (I-Suite only)
- MS SQL Server (I-Suite only)
- Java and J2EE
- Java Messaging Service (JMS)
- Flex/Flash, Spring, Hibernate
- Oracle and PostgreSQL
- Crystal & Active Reports
- Web Services
- File Encryption Technologies (AES/SHA)