Job Code: #11363
Title: 2.5D Pkg Technologist
Job Location: Ft. Collins, Colorado
2.5D Packaging Technologist
My client is looking for a 2.5D Packaging Technologist for a direct (permanent) position in Ft. Collins, CO.
This is for a senior level person with a Master’s degree minimum. You should have 3-5 years’ experience with 2.5D packaging technology and at least 10 years’ experience in ASIC technology. This position works with “bleeding edge” technology and you will be pushing the limits of what can be done.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- As part of the world wide ASIC product development team, this individual will work closely with silicon & package design, marketing, NPI, assembly/substrate suppliers & customers and is responsible for developing cost effective high performance, advanced custom package solutions achieving signal integrity, thermal, structural reliability, substrate fab/package assembly design rules & project schedule requirements.
- 2.5D is cutting edge package technology pushing the technology limits.
- Job Scope (2.5D Packaging Technologist)
- Provide deeper expertise in 2.5D technology; current and future customer engagement on technology needs & updates, consolidation of requirements and drive towards unified solution.
- Lead in identification, development & qualification; program management with external assembly partners
- Lead in memory supplier(s) engagement to define technology and quality requirements.
- Interface with other technical teams (DI, Pkg Design, Test Dev) etc. as part of Cross Functional Team.
- Support new design wins, NPI and volume ramps.
- Develop alternate sourcing & qualification.
- Basic: Master / Degree in Mechanical / Electrical / Electronics Engineering with 5~10 years of relevant experience in developing cost effective, high performance (speed, density, pin count, thermal & reliable), single & multi-chip, large, complex, custom & fine pitch flip chip packaging solution with advanced multi-layer ceramic / organic substrates & Interposers; Standard & thermally enhanced fine pitch leaded & BGA wire bond & wafer level packaging solution.
- Specific: 3~5 years Hands On experience in 2.5D Development; In-depth Know-how of Advanced Silicon fab, Bump, Interposer, substrate & assembly processes, materials & supplier selection, BOM definition, thermal and mechanical interactions.
- Sound knowledge of & hands on experience in advanced, prevailing and emerging silicon, package & substrate technologies, bumping and assembly processes, design rules, failure analysis tools and techniques, materials and equipment, applicable industry standards, regulations & quality systems.
- Good team player with project management, analytical, problem-solving and interpersonal skills. Must be self-driven, flexible and agile, result oriented individual. Ability to develop concepts into structured projects, generate new and innovative solutions to complex problems and handle multiple programs concurrently.
- Hands-on experience of use of modelling (Thermal & Mechanical) & Sub / PCB Design CAD tools (APD, AutoCAD, Solidworks etc) for design optimization.
- Sound knowledge of advanced node silicon fabrication, PCB technologies and board assembly processes, applicable industry standards, quality systems and regulations.
- Communicate extensively with internal and external team members, customers in various global locations and may require travel from time to time.
This is HOT! The client wants to start someone right away.
The salary is commensurate with experience.
Please send your resume, desired rate and the best time and way to reach you.
US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time..
If you are not interested, please feel free to send this to anyone you feel would be qualified as I pay for referrals whether you work for me or not. Thanks for your help!
For immediate consideration please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.