Job Code: #9090
Title: Business Analyst
Job Location: Irvine, California
Our client has an immediate opening for Business Analyst position in the Irvine CA area.
Business Analyst Job Description:
Key Areas of Responsibility
The Business Analyst provides general supervision and technical guidance in terms of software flow, usage and specifications, based on requirements from Product Management and other sources. Responsibilities can be split into the following 12 key areas:
1. Work closely with Product Management, customers and internal stakeholders to determine and develop business requirements for all products.
2. Work closely with Services and Support Managers in gauging client needs and software usefulness.
3. Documentation and maintaining of system requirement specifications and Business Requirements documents.
4. Assist all departments in day to day activities, as related to software design and functionality.
5. Mentor development personnel on procedure, workflow and requirements of a healthcare facility.
6. Ensures delivery against department goals and objectives, i.e. meeting commitments and coordinating overall schedule.
7. Develop and manage metrics for performance.
8. Interact with technical personnel and business representatives.
9. Conduct research, attend webinars and review other informational resources to develop high-level requirements for new projects and product functionality assuring all requirements adhere to government regulations, internal guidelines, and organization style guides
10. Provide documentation and information about release planning and provide relevant information to our internal and external customers under the direction of product management.
11. Assist with acceptance testing when complete by development/QA prior to customer release
12. Assist with documentation and communication necessary to provide our sales and marketing team with information regarding roadmaps, priorities, timelines and strategies as needed
The ideal candidate has graduated with a Bachelor’s degree or higher in Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field OR equivalent related work experience.
The ideal candidate is an independent, hands-on, energetic team member, ability to deliver quality work in regards of product management. There will be a strong focus on meeting business needs through detailed understanding of user requirements and effective and accurate implementation of technical specifications. The ability to aid in the identification, coordination and scheduling of critical tasks is mandatory. The candidate will have a minimum 5 years of progressive experience of developing business requirements within product development.
Ideally, applicants are today working in an industry related to eHealth. Having a background with other software companies with high focus on growth based and innovative software products a plus.
1. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
2. Excellent problem solving, interpersonal communication and project management skills.
3. Strong working knowledge of the practices and procedures of medical practices, and other healthcare related facilities is mandatory.
4. Strong focus on meeting business needs through detailed understanding of user requirements and effective and accurate implementation of functional specifications.
5. The ability to identify, coordinate and schedule critical tasks.
6. Perform software and technical assessments in concert with both internal and external business representatives.
7. The ability to work effectively both independently and in a team environment.
8. Agile Methodology Skills – Strong Experience in Agile Methodology. Estimations in Agile, breaking specs to epics & user stories, Sprint Planning support, Retrospective & Scrum meetings.
For immediate consideration please send your resume to: email@example.com
If you’re interested in and a strong fit for the above opportunity please provide your answers to the following questions:
1) Are you local (CA)?
2) Are you currently working?
3) What is your availability to interview? How soon could you start if you were offered this position?
4) Are you a US Citizen? What is your citizenship status?
5) Do you have any upcoming vacations?
6) What are your annual salary requirements? What are your hourly wage requirements?
7) Are you seeking a contract, contract to hire, direct hire or are you open to all?
8) Phone number to reach you quickly for interview scheduling?
9) Are you currently interviewing? Do you have any other offers?
US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time. You must pass a background check and drug screen.
We look forward to working with you!
Your PDS Team
Productive Data Solutions, Inc.